My brother, sister-in-law and sweet nieces from across the pond visited Walt Disney World Resort during the holiday season to take in what was new since their last visit about four years ago. Back then it was solely about princesses and fairytales. I recall those magical days when they yearned for crowns and gowns and princess-inspired places to stay, dine and play. Even though they’ve grown up a bit and their interests have changed, their inner princess remains strong! If I could craft a royal itinerary for little ones, here’s what I would recommend:
- Best place to stay is Port Orleans Riverside with specially designed royal rooms featuring ornate décor, grand beds and fiber-optic special effects fit for a princess. The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is another option with its Victorian opulence that’s as regal as it gets.
- Make a reservation for dinner at Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare. This low key, buffet-style dinner at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is ideal for one-on-one time with Cinderella, Prince Charming and the evil stepsisters. It’s a good segway for what’s to come.
- Magic Kingdom Park is overflowing with fairytales for princess-loving families with Cinderella Castle taking center stage for unforgettable photo ops. But there’s more to the Castle than you might think. Be sure to make a breakfast res at Cinderella’s Royal Table located on the second level of the stunning icon. Before you head up the winding staircase to dine and meet the princesses, you can get your photo taken with Cinderella just inside the castle doors. If your little one desires a magical princess makeover complete with princess dresses, sparkly makeup and nails, there’s Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique conveniently situated in the castle breezeway (with other locations at Disney Springs and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.)
- Now that your little princess fits the part, it’s time to navigate the park for more sovereign stuff like Enchanted Tales with Belle, Ariel’s Grotto, Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid. Then head to Gaston’s Tavern for a quick snack or enjoy lunch at Be Our Guest, inside the Beast’s Castle. Get your FastPasses for Princess Fairytale Hall the royal residence for Cinderella, Elena, Rapunzel and Tiana. There’s also meet and greets scattered throughout the park with Merida, Tiana, Jasmine and more.
- The princess adventure continues just a curtsy or two away to Epcot. Frozen fans can Meet Princess Anna and Queen Elsa at the Royal Sommerhus and then journey thru Arendelle and celebrate the story from the film “Frozen” on Frozen Ever After. And the new “Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along” film in the France pavilion that debuts on January 17 will be a must-see too.
- There are other enchanting options like Disney’s Perfectly Princess Tea party at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, meet and greets with Pocahontas at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and so much to explore at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and more on your next visit.
So get your princess on and feel like royalty during your next visit to Walt Disney World Resort while your little one still believes in the magic.