It’s time to ring in the Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure park! Starting January 17, you can usher in the new year with this vibrant, multicultural celebration which pays tribute to Chinese Vietnamese, and Korean cultures. Throughout the festival, you’ll find an array of unique holiday entertainment including Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession and Mickey and Minnie dressed in colorful costumes as well as commemorative merchandise and innovative menus celebrating delicious Asian cuisine.
In addition to the menus below, you can also grab a Sip and Savor Pass! This souvenir credential features six pull-off tabs that can each be traded for one food item or one non-alcoholic beverage at any of the Marketplaces listed below. It can be purchased at various locations throughout the park, including the Sip and Savor Cart, Seaside Souvenirs, Kingswell, Elias & Co., and Festival Marketplaces.
With that, here’s my Foodie Guide to Lunar New Year 2020! And don’t forget, mobile ordering is available for Paradise Garden Grill and Lucky Fortune Cookery, so if you fancy anything from their menu, use the Disneyland App to order ahead, skip the line, and get straight to snacking!
Longevity Noodle Co.
- Chicken Meatballs and Lo Mein Noodles with Cabbage Salad and Apple-Ginger Sauce
- Vegetable Egg Roll and Chilled Sesame Garlic Noodles with Cilantro-Cashew Sauce and Toasted Peanuts
- Black Sesame Mochi Donut
- Vietnamese Cold Brew with Coconut Milk
- Tsingtao (bottled alcoholic beverage)
Lucky 8 Lantern
- Shrimp Fried Rice with Garlic Bacon Edamame
- Smoked Beef Bulgogi Shortrib on Rice Cake
- Manadarin Orange and Green Tea Tart
- Peach Sojito (alcoholic beverage)
- Hitachino Nest Beer (bottled alcoholic beverage)
Prosperity Bao & Buns
- Char Siu Pork Bao – Chinese BBQ Pork with Pickled Red Onions and Jalapeño
- Mickey Chinese Hot Dog Bun
- Lychee-Grapefruit Gin Spritzer (alcoholic beverage)
- Kloud Original Gravity Lager (canned alcoholic beverage)
Red Dragon Spice Traders
- Firecracker Three Cup Chicken Wings
- Shrimp & Ginger Dumplings with Soy Reduction and Sriracha Mayo
- Purple Yam Macaron with Crème Fraîche
- Honey-Lime Green Tea
- Honey-Lime Green Tea with Bourbon (alcoholic beverage)
- Bottle Logic Hanamacahi (draft alcoholic beverage)
Paradise Garden Grill (Mobile Order Available)
- Korean Grilled Chicken
- Plant-Based Orange Tempeh
- Pork Belly Bahn Mi
- Whole Deep-Fried Tilapia with Chili Lime Vinaigrette and Steamed Rice
- Mango Mousse
- Almond Milk Iced Tea
- Orange Blossom Cocktail (alcoholic beverage)
- Tiger Beer
- Kloud Beer
Lucky Fortune Cookery (Mobile Order Available)
- Bao Bun with Seasonal Fruit
Outdoor Vending Carts
- Almond Cookies
- Bulgogi Chicken
- Pork Belly Egg Rolls – Fried crispy egg rolls stuffed with tender pork belly and served with spicy mango glaze, pickled carrots, leaf lettuce, fresh cucumber, and pork rinds
Lunar New Year runs Jan. 17 through Feb. 9 at Disney California Adventure park. Be sure to stop by and try all of this yummy food! For more information, visit the Disneyland Resort website.
I wish this would come to the east coast!
ALL OF IT
It’s too bad you don’t indicate online what the vegan options are. I see a few plant-based dishes and some alternative milk drinks, but I don’t have any way of knowing if they’re actually vegan. I guess we’ll have to wait to see the menus in person. I hope this changes in the future and you add a lot more vegan options!!!
The whole tilapia is fantastic. Great to share.
Yes Disney! Definitely looking forward to sampling all the offerings, especially the shrimp and ginger dumplings!
OMG. Yummy. It all looks so good. Can’t wait to try them all. Thanks, Disneyland!! 🙂