In the past few years, our Walt Disney World Resort Chefs have been transforming their menus with more plant-based options than ever before! We even recently announced how we’ll be implementing hundreds of plant-based dishes at both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort. Currently, at Walt Disney World Resort, you can find these items by looking for the new green leaf menu icon during your visit. One of the locations that has recently added several new plant-based options to their menu is the Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.
I’ve had the opportunity to try all three of the plant-based dishes on the menu and I have to say, they were all absolutely incredible! The plant-based burger comes with caramelized balsamic onion jam and plant-based mayonnaise on a house-baked multi-grain bun, and the plant-based loaded tots are the perfect appetizer topped with green onions, plant-based chili, and almond milk cheese.
Of course, my favorite dish was the dessert! The plant-based cookie fries are unique and yummy treat to end your meal with. Similar to biscotti, these chocolate chip cookie sticks come with several plant-based dipping sauces: marshmallow cream, chocolate, and strawberry. They’re so good, I just had to share the recipe with you! This recipe makes 32 cookie fries and is the perfect serving size for a small gathering of friends or a family dinner.
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus one tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
- 7 tablespoons warm water
- 5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, and plant-based margarine in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- In small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in an 8×8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut into 32 strips that are 1/4-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
- Serve with your favorite plant-based chocolate, strawberry, and marshmallow dipping sauces.
Cook’s Note: Plant-based egg substitutes vary by brand and may absorb different amounts of flour and sugar. If the dough is too sticky, add 1 additional tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time until it resembles the texture of traditional cookie dough. Fold in chocolate chips, chill, and bake as directed.
If you want to come try these cookie fries and the other plant-based dishes at Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, be sure to make your reservations by visiting the Walt Disney World Resort website or check out the My Disney Experience mobile app. Happy Snacking!