In anticipation for National Grilled Cheese Day tomorrow, April 12, we’re sharing a delicious grilled three-cheese sandwich recipe TODAY (a day dubbed by our Disney Parks Blog Team as “Grilled Cheese Eve”)!
This yummy recipe comes from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. While we can’t visit Andy’s backyard right now, this recipe is just one more great way to create #DisneyMagicMoments in your own backyard (or kitchen).
Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Double Gloucester or cheddar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich
- 8 slices of artisan bread
- 8 cheddar cheese slices
- 8 provolone slices
For Cream Cheese Spread:
- Combine cream cheese, Double Gloucester or cheddar, heavy cream, and salt in food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
For Garlic Spread:
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic, and salt in small bowl and stir until blended. Set aside.
For Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich:
- Lay out artisan bread slices on parchment paper or large cutting board.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar on 4 of the bread slices. Place 2 slices of provolone on remaining bread slices.
- Equally spoon cream cheese spread on slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
- Press cheddar side and provolone side together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot.
- Brush both sides of the sandwiches with garlic spread.
- Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
And if you’re looking to share a good cheese-pull photo of your National Grilled Cheese Day creation, be sure to share the fun with Disney fans all over the world using the hashtag #DisneyMagicMoments. Keep checking back to the Disney Parks Blog for even more #DisneyMagicMoments and more magical recipes. Happy snacking, Disney fans!