The most recent addition to our collection of Disney Vacation Club properties at Walt Disney World Resort is the incredible Disney’s Riviera Resort. Inspired by the magic of Europe that Walt himself fell in love with during his travels, this beautiful resort represents relaxation by the Riviera with elegant architecture, stylish accommodations and, of course, deliciously exquisite food!
The resort features two casual dining restaurants: Primo Piatto for quick snacks, savory sandwiches, salads, and more and Le Petit Café for coffee, pastries, late-night drinks, and small plates. And sitting atop this elegant tower is the resort’s signature restaurant, Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera.
This amazing table-service restaurant offers a fun character breakfast (Breakfast à la Art with Mickey & Friends) as well as delectable dinner with sweeping views of Walt Disney World Resort. On the dinner menu, you’ll find a variety of French and Italian-inspired entrées and desserts including the fantastic Warm Chocolate Cake with a molten salted caramel center. Today, I’m sharing a special version of this recipe our chefs have created just for you that adds raspberry to the decadent caramel filling!
This yummy dessert is a perfect sweet ending to a family meal or a dinner with friends.
To make reservations for Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera, visit the Walt Disney World Resort website. For more information about the Disney Vacation Club, visit the Disney Vacation Club website.
Stay connected with Disney Parks Blog for more delicious Disney recipes and be sure to share the magic with other Disney fans using the hashtag #DisneyMagicMoments. Happy cooking!
Warm Chocolate Cake with Molten Raspberry-Caramel Center
From Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera at Disney’s Riviera Resort, a Disney Vacation Club Property
Click here for a downloadable version of this recipe.
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
CHOCOLATE CAKE BATTER
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups chopped dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
For Raspberry-Caramel Center:
- Place raspberries in food processor and purée until smooth.
- Melt chopped chocolate in microwave-safe bowl on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Combine sugar and water in small saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat and cook until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and whisk in heavy cream and puréed raspberries. Pour over melted chocolate and stir with spatula. Add butter and salt; stir until incorporated.
- Set aside.
For Chocolate Cake Batter:
- Sift powdered sugar, all-purpose flour, and salt into small bowl.
- Melt butter and chopped chocolate in microwave safe bowl on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Whisk eggs and egg yolk in medium bowl and add to chocolate mixture. Add in sifted powdered sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.
For Warm Chocolate Cake with Molten Raspberry-Caramel Center:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 1/2 cup muffin tins or aluminum baking cups with unsalted butter.
- Add 1/4 cup of cake batter into each tin. Top with 1 tablespoon of raspberry caramel and another 1/4 cup of chocolate cake batter.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until edges are baked but center is still soft. Rest for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve warm.
Cook’s Note: Serve with vanilla gelato or fresh berries.
Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents.
Please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens.
The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.