Earlier this week, we shared a recipe for Ham Sliders with Pineapple Cherry Jam that is sure to take your Thanksgiving leftover game to the next level. Today, we are talkin’ turkey…and stuffing!
We recently published the Foodie Guide to the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays highlighting so many delicious dishes from the Holiday Kitchens this year.
But for today, I selected one of my favorite recipes from a past holiday festival – Leftover Stuffing Waffles with Turkey, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, and Homemade Cranberry Sauce. This remix of the traditional Thanksgiving feast is the ultimate plate of leftovers – complete with crispy stuffing waffles! (Disney bonus points if you make your stuffing waffles with a Mickey-shaped waffle maker found at shopDisney.com!)
Happy Thanksgiving from our Disney Kitchens!
LEFTOVER STUFFING WAFFLES WITH TURKEY, MASHED POTATOES, GRAVY, AND HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE
EPCOT® International Festival of the Holidays
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Zest of 1 orange
- 4 1/2 cups leftover stuffing, crumbled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Vegetable oil, for brushing waffle maker
- 1 pound warmed leftover turkey, sliced
- 2 cups warmed leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cups warmed leftover gravy
FOR CRANBERRY SAUCE:
- Stir together cranberries, sugar, water, and orange zest in saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, until sugar dissolves and cranberries are soft.
- Increase heat to medium and cook about 12 minutes, or until cranberries burst. Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Preheat waffle maker to medium-high. Combine stuffing, eggs, and 1/4 cup cream. If mixture is too dry and not spreadable in the waffle maker pockets, add more cream as needed, until mixture is just wet enough to spread.
- Generously brush top, bottom, and all pockets of waffle maker with oil.
- Evenly and firmly pack each pocket of the waffle maker full with stuffing mixture. (Note: If using a mini waffle maker this will make 12-14 mini waffles. A larger waffle maker (6”-8” in diameter) will yield 6-8 waffles). Close and cook about 7 to 8 minutes, until golden and the waffles easily lift out of waffle maker.
Place two mini waffles or one large waffle on each plate. Top each with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and cranberry sauce.
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
Stay connected with Disney Parks Blog for more delicious Disney recipes and be sure to share the magic with other Disney fans using the hashtag #DisneyMagicMoments. Happy cooking!