For many of us, Thanksgiving leftovers are as much a part of the holiday as the meal itself. But plain ham or turkey sandwiches can get old fast – real fast!
I checked our files for fun Disney recipes that will take your Thanksgiving leftovers up a notch and are so delicious your family will crave year-round!
Our recipe today is Ham Sliders with Pineapple Cherry Jam. Offered during past Disney California Adventure Festival of Holidays at Disneyland Resort, it is the yummy Pineapple Cherry Jam that takes this seemingly simple slider to the next level. (Note to the cook – be sure to reserve some of the tasty jam to spread on warm buttered toast for a morning treat. You deserve it!)
Check back tomorrow for another recipe that is a fun remix of traditional Thanksgiving leftovers!
HOLIDAY HAM SLIDER WITH PINEAPPLE CHERRY JAM
PINEAPPLE CHERRY JAM
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 8 brioche buns
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1/2 pounds Applewood smoked ham, sliced medium thickness
FOR PINEAPPLE CHERRY JAM:
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add pineapple, vinegar and sugar; cook on low heat for 45 minutes, until vinegar and pineapple juices are reduced and pineapple begins to break down.
- Stir in cherries and mustard; season with salt.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR HAM SLIDER:
- Preheat griddle or skillet over medium heat. Cut brioche buns in half and spread butter on cut side. Toast on hot griddle for 1 minute, or until golden brown.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and warm ham.
- Evenly divide ham on warm brioche buns and top with jam.
Cook’s Note: Refrigerate any leftover jam—it’s delicious spread on warm buttered toast.
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
Click here for a print-at-home version of this recipe.
Stay connected with Disney Parks Blog for more delicious Disney recipes and be sure to share the magic with other Disney fans using the hashtag #DisneyMagicMoments. Happy cooking!