With the holidays approaching, I wanted to share some stay-at-home fun activities that will be perfect for any family get-together!
For starters, you may know that at EPCOT, kids are invited to join Mickey and friends on an adventure around World Showcase. Each of the countries has a Kidcot Fun Stop presented by Ziploc® Brand, a place where kids can collect a special traveler’s card that features a special fact about that country and a corresponding coloring sheet.
Today, we are bringing one of our favorite Kidcot Fun Stops right into your home!
Did you know that in Germany, if you want to find a bakery, you just have to look for a pretzel hanging above the shop door – the emblem of the bakers guild? From the looks of this coloring activity, it looks like Chip & Dale have found their new favorite treat that is famous in Germany – you guessed it, a pretzel!
Click here to download this Kidcot Fun Stop coloring activity to finish at home!
Speaking of bakeries, we also have a special treat you can make at home!
From the pastry chefs over at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, this recipe is one of my favorites for two reasons – it’s EASY to make, and it combines two of my favorite things – chocolate and peanut butter!
If you have been following our #DisneyMagicMoments recipes, you know that Ava, a 13-year-old junior chef and daughter of Disney photographer Matt Stroshane, has been making “how-to” videos for some of these recipes in her home kitchen with the help of her personal sous chefs (mom and dad) and official taste tester (her 11-year-old brother, Adam). Check out the recipe and Ava’s video below.
No-Bake Granola Treats from Disney’s Contemporary Resort Bakery
Makes 12 (2×2-inch) treats
- 3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups granola
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt marshmallows and butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add peanut butter, stirring to combine. Remove from heat. Stir in granola.
- Spoon mixture into 8×8-inch baking dish. Lightly press mixture into pan.
- Sprinkle top of mixture with chocolate chips, lightly pressing the chocolate chips into mixture.
- Set aside at room temperature to cool for 30 minutes. Cut into 12 pieces.
- Store treats in an airtight container at room temperature.
Cook’s Note: This recipe can easily be doubled if you like thicker treats!
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
Keep checking our Disney Magic Moments page right here on the Blog for more of these types of stories as well as family-fun activities, online resources and more — LEARN & CREATE, FUN & PLAY and CARE & COMMUNITY.