I am so excited about this edition of Best Bites! It has it all – from adorable “Raya and the Last Dragon”-inspired treats and over-the-top hotdogs and shakes to the return of Sangria University and breakfast with Disney Junior Characters. Check out all the yummy details below. Enjoy!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
To celebrate the upcoming release of Walt Disney Studios’ “Raya and the Last Dragon,” I have some very special treats to share. In addition to the experiences coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom announced previously on Disney Parks Blog, three new creative sweet treats inspired by the film debut today in the Park.
- Baby Tuk Tuk Mousse – 5-spice mousse on top of chocolate cake, milk chocolate cream, chocolate velvet ”shell,” and chocolate crispy pearls (available starting Feb. 22 at Creature Comforts Coffee Shop and Isle of Java).
- Baby Tuk Tuk Ice Cream Sundae – Chai-spiced caramel cake, chai caramel sauce, vanilla ice cream, green tea cake crumbs, salted caramel crispy pearls, and edible image of Baby Tuk Tuk (available starting Feb. 22 at Dino-Bite Snacks).
- Mighty Mist Soft-Serve – Twist of strawberry and vanilla soft serve with blue-tinted white chocolate- dipped waffle cone rolled in sparkling sugar (available starting Feb. 22 at Anandapur Ice Cream Truck).
And it gets even sweeter! As a Disney Parks Blog exclusive debut, here is a “foodie inspired” clip from the new film introducing Boun, the self-styled “owner, manager, chef, and captain” of his boat, the Shrimporium.
Don’t miss “Raya and the Last Dragon” releasing simultaneously in theaters and on Disney+ with Premier Access on Mar. 5, 2021.
Breakfast is back at Hollywood & Vine starting Mar. 22! Wave and snap photos of your favorite Disney Junior Characters while dining on a delicious and hearty à la carte breakfast. Start with a sharable pastry basket for the table and choose your breakfast entrée, such as the delicious French toast stuffed with chocolate-hazelnut spread or all-you-care-to-enjoy pancakes made with our signature house-made batter. Yum!
À la Carte Menu Options:
- All-you-care-to-enjoy pancakes made with our signature house-made batter.
- French toast stuffed with chocolate-hazelnut spread.
- Toasted open-faced salmon bagel.
- Four-egg scramble.
- Four-egg cheese omelet.
- Plant-based egg frittata.
To book your reservation for Hollywood & Vine Breakfast, visit DisneyWorld.com starting Feb. 26.
Continue your holiday celebration through Feb. 28 with the oh so popular Peppermint Bundt Cake Shake at Hollywood Scoops! Peppermint ice cream topped with whipped cream, TWO festive Bundt cakes, and peppermint bark!
New offerings at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant and Sunshine Tree Terrace:
- Hazelnut Budino – Creamy chocolate-hazelnut custard with chocolate torta topped with caramel, toasted meringue, and pralines (available at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant).
- Pot Stickers – Fried pork and vegetable pot stickers served with orange-sesame-ginger sauce (available at Sunshine Tree Terrace).
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Three Bridges Bar & Grill at Villa del Lago: Sangria University has returned! Guests will sample four different house-made sangrias paired with an appetizer. A sangria sommelier will take guests through the nuances of each recipe, delving into the history of this fruity cocktail. The best part? You get to make your very own sangria! You will even receive a Sangria University diploma for a job well done!
For available dates and times, email WDW.Sangria.University@disney.com. (Note: Classes are limited to ensure proper social distancing protocol.)
In addition to the incredible view, Dahlia Lounge has two tasty offerings not to miss:
- Ham and Cheese Bocadillo – Jamón serrano, Manchego cheese, roasted garlic aïoli, and honey on a toasted baguette.
- Chicken Wings – Spiced sherry-honey glazed chicken wings.
Disney Springs is serving up over-the-top “dogs,” and Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew has a fun limited-time donut:
- Mardi Gras Smoked Crawdog – Smoked Andouille sausage, crawfish, lemon caper aïoli, and creole pepper sauce on a roll (available at B.B. Wolf’s Sausage Co.).
- The King Dog – All Beef Hotdog with French Toast Batter-dipped and Cereal-crusted Hot Dog Bun, Spicy Peanut Butter Spread, Banana-Honey Mustard, Chipotle-Berry Preserve, and Billionaire’s Bacon (available at Hot Diggity Dog Food Truck).
- Chocolate Mint Donut – A tribute treat inspired by the iconic Girl Scout cookie made with Thin Mint cookies (available through Feb. 28 at Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew).
Limited-time goodness at Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort:
- Beefy Mac & Cheesy Sandwich – Roast beef and cheddar sandwich topped with mac & cheese (available through Mar. 14 at Earl of Sandwich).
- Red Velvet Cake Batter Shake – Classic red velvet cake batter shake with whipped cream, chocolate drizzle, and a cherry (available through Feb. 28 at Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes).
- The Vault Series – Re-release of the most epic flavors from the Salt & Straw vault (available through Mar. 18 at Salt & Straw).
Please please please open Crystal Palace breakfast as a character meal. Not enough in park options!!!
Thrilled about H&V.
Please, please, please bring back Crystal Palace character breakfast as a plated meal.
We need more in park options. Tired of quick service breakfasts and resort hopping is not easy with the transportation limitations.
What characters will be at the Hollywood and Vine breakfast?
The characters are Vampirina, Doc McStuffins, Roadster Goofy and Sofia the First.