Spring is in the air at Walt Disney World Resort today as the Taste of EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival blooms now through July 5. This event spreads its butterfly wings across the entire park, offering fun for the whole family inspired by the season.
We were out in the park today to capture some images of the festival’s opening day, which you can see here. On your next visit, there’s all sorts of springtime activities to explore:
- Check out nearly 100 individual topiaries all around the park, many featuring Disney characters.
- Take leisurely walks through 20 different garden areas, like the English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings of London in the United Kingdom pavilion.
- Indulge in fresh bites and sips from more than 20 locations, including Outdoor Kitchens around World Showcase.
- Take in live music as it fills the air at America Gardens Theatre, the Mill Stage at the Canada pavilion and inside World Showplace.
- Search for Spike the Bee on Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration scavenger hunt.
- And bring the festival home with you with special merchandise featuring Minnie Mouse, Figment, Spike and that lovable Orange Bird.
And here’s a behind-the-scenes look at how some of the topiaries came together, and then the finished product!
This is just a snapshot of what you can find at the festival. For complete details – including menus, live music schedules, etc. – head over to FreshEPCOT.com and follow #FreshEPCOT on social media platforms.
Anyone stopping by the park today also may have noticed a new look for the main entrance plaza, where flags of six original EPCOT icons were raised for the first time and now flank Spaceship Earth. These flags, along with new lighting and music debuting today in the plaza, are the latest moments in the ongoing transformation of EPCOT, as the park continues to inspire us to see the real world in more fantastic ways.
You can also check out what Walt Disney Imagineering’s Zach Riddley had to say about the park’s main entrance when he posted an update earlier today. And we will continue to chronicle the transformation of EPCOT here on the Disney Parks Blog, so be sure to visit us often to discover more exciting developments as they happen.
Please do not lift the mandatory face mask. That’s what keeps us safe. It’s the only reason I consented to going last Oct for a day for my birthday when I was down visiting my kids. I won’t be back if that goes.
Wonderful ! Also holding out for the mask mandate to go .
I can’t wait to visit for this! Thank you for making the parks feel safe enough to visit so we don’t miss out on all the fun at WDW!
Looks great. If Disney would lift the mandatory face masks, or change them to optional, I would b taking my family to this.