Did you catch all the reveals yesterday for the new Disney Cruise Line ship, the Disney Wish? If not, no worries! We’ve got you covered with a full replay of the event, and a roundup of all the reasons our planDisney panelists are excited for the Disney Wish to set sail in 2022!
The Disney Wish will sail its inaugural season of three- and four-night cruises to Nassau, Bahamas and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay beginning in June 2022. Bookings open to the general public on May 27, 2021.
Featuring a design concept inspired by timeless tales of wishes come true, Guests will feel the unique personality of the Disney Wish the moment they step into the castle-inspired Grand Hall or storybook-inspired staterooms. But that’s not the only reason the members of your crew should be excited:
For the Adults
Relaxing, dining, and a short escape from the kids is something our planDisney panelists are always excited about, and aboard the Disney Wish this is where you will find them hanging out:
1. Star Wars: Hyper Space Lounge- “As a Star Wars fan of the First Order, I think I am most excited for the Star Wars Hyperspace Lounge featuring the ever-changing backdrops of Tatooine, Mustafar, and Batuu. I can only imagine the out-of-this-galaxy beverages the bartenders will be able to create here!” shares Sherry B., planDisney panelist, Disney Cruise Line Specialist.
2. Palo Steakhouse- Sherry is also looking forward to the premiere adult dining options, “The new adult-exclusive restaurants of Palo Steakhouse and Enchanté have my taste buds watering. Taking inspiration from “Beauty and the Beast” for the decor and theming is a stroke of brilliance! I love that Cogsworth and Lumiere will be front and center in these dining destinations.”
3. Quiet Cove – “The Quiet Cove looks like an adult oasis…and that infinity pool is calling my name!” Sherry says.
For the Kids
While the adults are off in the Luna Entertainment District, dining at Enchanté or relaxing at Senses Spa & Salon, the kids are exploring spaces all their own. The younger cruisers in our planDisney crew can’t wait for:
1. The “Secret Entrance” to Disney’s Oceaneer Club– Hands down the most talked about reveal amongst the planDisney crew is the “secret twisting slide entrance” to Disney’s Oceaneer Club from the Grand Hall. Bob A, planDisney Panelist, says “My little ones are going to be amazed by the secret entrance to the Oceaneer Club.”
2. Walt Disney Imagineering Lab- “My kiddo’s dream is to be either a Marvel Superhero or a Disney Imagineer, so he is stoked about the Marvel Superhero Academy and the Walt Disney Imagineer Lab in Disney’s Oceaneer Club! I” shares Aena D., planDisney Panelist. She loves the idea that kids can get hands on the way real Walt Disney Imagineers do!
3. Fairytale Hall- With a trio of activity rooms featuring Rapunzel’s Art Studio, Belle’s Library, and Anna and Elsa’s Sommerhus, “our princesses are going to want to visit Fairytale Hall right away!” Says Bob A.
Plus, the little ones won’t want to miss out on the new Toy Story-themed pool district!
Tweens in your crew will get a secret entrance all their own as they enter Edge through a doorway behind a framed piece of art that reimagines world-famous paintings in a pop art-inspired style featuring Disney characters.
Teens will enjoy hanging out at Vibe, a stylish space inspired by a Parisian Loft, where every angle will be selfie worthy!
For the Family
planDisney panelists are excited about it all, but spending quality time with their family is top on their Disney Cruise Line to do list. These immersive spaces have their crew dreaming about their next cruise:
1. AquaMouse- “Hands down, the AquaMouse will be the newest iconic attraction for kids on the Disney Wish. I can hEAR them all saying now, “Have you done the AquaMouse yet?” Don’t worry, grown-ups can totally line up to join them on this wild water ride spanning 760 feet that also soars over the Disney Wish. I’m laughing already just thinking about the adorable animated clips that will be used from “The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse” to create this first Disney attraction at sea.” says Sherry B.
2. Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure – Sarah B., planDisney Panelist, shares “As a parent, I love any dining experience that keeps my little ones engaged and gives us the opportunity to connect as a family, so I am incredibly excited for all of the immersive dining experiences like Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure.”
3. Worlds of Marvel – “Our Marvel-loving family is geeking out about the Worlds of Marvel dining experience! Anything that is described as a cinematic dining adventure and involves a mission and a meal sounds fascinating to us. As a mom of teens, I cherish mealtimes on a Disney cruise as one of the best times to get together as a family and share our day’s adventures. There will be no problem getting everyone to ASSEMBLE at Worlds of Marvel!” says Sherry B.
Not to mention the fairytale-forest themed Walt Disney Theater, cinemas, and the Hero Zone sports arena.
These top picks barely scratch the surface of all the Disney Wish has in store for your crew. Don’t miss this replay of yesterday’s event to re-watch or catch up on ALL of the reasons to be excited about the Disney Wish setting sail in Summer 2022. What are you most excited for? Share with us in the comments below.
Have questions about planning your next Disney Cruise Line vacation? Stop by planDisney.com for helpful tips and heartfelt advice from our planDisney panelists.
Really excited about the launch of the Disney Wish! We’ve been on all four Disney ships, so can’t wait for this one! The video was great, loved hearing from the Disney Imagineers. The over use of the disappearing/reappearing cruise director Ashley was a little too distracting. Less of her and more of the Imagineers and views of the ship! The Disney Wish and those who designed her are the stars!