Are you planning for your next big adventure? Well, I’ve got two big updates to share with you!
First, when you picture a trip to New England, what do you think of? Farm fresh food … covered bridges … beautiful foliage … the seaside towns … the history … the lobster dinners? I know my mind always goes straight to the food! Well, starting in May 2022, families will have the chance to discover all this and more with the all-new Adventures by Disney guided vacation to New England: Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.
Or maybe you’re looking to visit an international destination on your next family vacation? If that’s the case, the new Adventures by Disney Private Adventures, first introduced in October 2020, are expanding with six additional Private Adventure itineraries: Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia; England and France; New Zealand; Australia; South Africa; and Ireland. In 2022, Adventures by Disney will be offering a total of 11 Private Adventures in which you and your family can venture alongside your preferred travel party of up to 12 guests and select your flexible booking dates, pending seasonality.
As we talk about the new ways to explore the world in 2022 with Adventures by Disney, let’s first look at the New England vacation.
Adventures by Disney New England Vacation
With bike rides through Burlington, carriage tours through Acadia National Park, lobster feasts in Bar Harbor and tours of covered bridges in Vermont, this adventure will help you experience life as a New Englander and get a glimpse of all that makes this part of the U.S. so captivating.
Highlights of the eight-day, seven-night New England adventure include:
- A morning of exploration at the Shelburne Museum, where you’ll work with a 19th-century printing press, visit the Locomotive 220 — which pulled trains carrying U.S. presidents Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Dwight D. Eisenhower — and ride a vintage carousel. And for art fans, Shelburne Museum is also renowned for its famed Folk Art collection.
- A stay at the historical Trapp Family Lodge, the former home of Maria and Baron von Trapp. There, you’ll learn the story of how the famous von Trapp family left their home in the hills of Austria and settled in the picturesque hills of Vermont. And you might just be inspired to sing a few do-re-mi’s while taking in the beautiful view of the rolling hills.
- An afternoon cruise along Lake Champlain on Vermont’s largest cruise ship and floating restaurant. There, you’ll enjoy lunch and a narrated adventure aboard the Spirit of Ethan Allen.
- Active adventures in the skies, as you take part in zip-tour, tree-top and sky bridge experiences in Stowe.
- A leisurely bike ride, with stops at Oakledge Park, the Burlington Earth Clock and North Beach. You’ll also experience Burlington’s vibrant downtown area.
- Coastal explorations of Bar Harbor with a sailing aboard a two-mast schooner and a kayaking tour along the scenic shoreline.
- Journeys through Acadia National Park with horse-drawn carriage rides along the park’s historic roads and a coach tour of the spectacular vistas of Sand Beach, Otter Point, Jordan Pond, Thunder Hole and Cadillac Mountain.
- A sampling of authentic New England cuisine, including a lobster and clam bake dinner with views overlooking the waterfront in Bar Harbor, a serving of traditional popovers and tea at Jordan Pond House in Acadia National Park and fresh farm-to-table dining at Clemmons Family Farm in Vermont.
While everything in this adventure sounds incredible, local food and flavors are my personal favorite! Those with a sweet tooth will also get to visit a traditional sugar shack and sample maple sugar on snow (shaved ice). From what I understand, this is a must-try when visiting New England. And don’t forget to enjoy this unique treat with a dill pickle on the side!
Ten New England departures will be offered between May and October 2022, four of which are reserved for adult guests. And for those of you wanting to see those famous fall colors, three of the adult-exclusive departures are scheduled during prime leaf-peeping season, the time of year when many travelers venture to New England to see the breathtaking fall foliage.
Private Adventures: A New Way to Travel the World with Adventures by Disney
You might be asking yourself, “What is a Private Adventure, and how does it differ from the guided group vacations currently offered?” Well, here’s a closer look.
Offering the signature storytelling and Disney service of an Adventures by Disney guided adventure, Private Adventures provide families and friends with the convenience of traveling with their preferred party of up to 12 guests. Booking dates are flexible, pending the seasonality of certain destinations, and unlike guided group tour experiences, there is no minimum travel age with the exception of Peru and South Africa (ages 6 and above). And, of course, all Private Adventure vacations are led by Private Adventure Guides.
In 2022, Adventures by Disney is more than doubling its recently introduced Private Adventures vacation portfolio, offering families even more flexibility and ways to visit some of the world’s must-see places.
The 11 Private Adventures will feature many of the highlights from Adventures by Disney guided group tours, combined with unique experiences specially designed for a smaller group of travelers, such as a guided tour of Te Puia geothermal park in New Zealand, a full-day sailing excursion along the outer reef in Australia or a privately guided tour of Robben Island in South Africa.
Whether you decide you want to set sail aboard a schooner in Maine, or you want to go on a safari adventure in South Africa, Adventures by Disney offers something for every kind of adventurer!
Bookings for both the new Adventures by Disney New England vacation and added Private Adventures open to the public on June 11. For more information, visit adventuresbydisney.com, call 1-800-543-0865 or contact a travel agent.