I don’t know about you, but I have never been more eager to run an in-person race. That’s why I’m so excited to share that runDisney races will return to Walt Disney World Resort this fall, kicking off the runDisney 2021-2022 race season! The season will include four events:
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend powered by AfterShokz: November 4-7, 2021
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend: January 5-9, 2022
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend: February 24-27, 2022
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend presented by Otterbox: March 31-April 3, 2022
As COVID-19 guidelines may change before our return to on-site running, race weekends may not include every element from previous years. runDisney will continue to provide the latest updates to participants leading up to our race weekends, so keep an eye on www.rundisney.com for all race details!
With the return of runDisney races to Walt Disney World, we’re excited to introduce some amazing new opportunities for our runners.
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend: Each race season, the fourth weekend will be the runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend that will include different race themes and distances each year.
- Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga: On the first morning of the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend, runDisney will host Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga in front of Cinderella Castle, before the theme park opens. The professionally led yoga session will be the most magical way to prepare your mind and body for a race!
- Virtual Races: All runDisney races will have a virtual race option, allowing runDisney fans across the country to participate in your favorite races, even if you can’t make it to Walt Disney World to run in person. Runners will be encouraged to run on the same morning of the on-site events, and will receive the same finisher medals!
- Just for Kids: The runDisney Kids Races during each event weekend will become runDisney Kids Adventures, focused on health, fitness, and fun for kids!
If you’re looking forward to running an upcoming runDisney race as much as I am, you’ll be glad to know that many of the things that make our races so magical will return – from running through Walt Disney World theme parks and special entertainment to fun race weekend themes and Disney-themed finisher medals.
The 2021 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend will kick off all the fun. The theme, Wickedly Delicious, celebrates our favorite Disney villains, and the weekend will include a 5K, 10K, half marathon, and Disney Two Course Challenge (both the 10K and the half marathon). The Post-Race Party will cap off the weekend so runners can celebrate their accomplishments with family and friends at EPCOT with exclusive, after-hours access to the park and the International Food & Wine Festival.
Looking ahead, the 2022 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend will celebrate the Most Magical Celebration on Earth for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World, and the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend theme will celebrate courage and kindness inspired by some favorite Disney Princesses.
Stay tuned for more details about runDisney race weekends and on-sale information at www.rundisney.com and keep up with the latest runDisney news on social media @runDisney. We can’t wait to welcome you back to running at the Most Magical Place on Earth! While across businesses and communities COVID-19 guidelines are trending in a direction that could allow for a more familiar runDisney race experience, during the race weekend we may implement health and safety measures, such as face coverings, physical distancing and other requirements if they are deemed appropriate.