In honor of Pride Month, we are taking the opportunity to recognize and celebrate the contributions, culture, and experiences of the LGBTQ+ community. We work every day to make Disney a place where everyone feels they belong. Through our recent Disney Look changes, we encourage all of our cast to bring their authentic selves to work every day, and we hope our guests see their backgrounds and cultures reflected in the experiences, stories, and offerings in our parks and resorts.
As we reflect on and celebrate the accomplishments and history of the LGBTQ+ community throughout the month of June, we can’t wait to spotlight the stories of some of our incredible cast members, and we’re proud of the collaborative initiatives taking place across Walt Disney World Resort on a number of ways you can show your support and Share Your Pride.
Art and Photography
At all four theme parks, Disney PhotoPass lets you Share Your Pride at Walt Disney World Resort with opportunities to create special photo memories, including a nighttime rainbow bokeh frame, rainbow magic swirl and floating rainbow magic shot, rainbow Mickey digital sticker, and fun graphics available for PhotoPass photos. For individualized Capture Your Moment photo sessions, you can choose from a rainbow Mickey or rainbow umbrella prop to include in your special moments. You can even Share Your Pride from home! Mobile phone wallpapers and virtual backgrounds are available to download through June.
At Disney Springs you’ll find murals celebrating Pride Month, as well as a new photo wall inspired by Love, Victor — a Hulu Original Series following Victor on his own journey of self-discovery with Season 2 premiering on June 11. The artwork is dispersed throughout Disney Springs, and the photo wall is located near Disney’s Days of Christmas.
You’ll be able to find our newly launched Pride collection at our Walt Disney World theme parks, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, resorts, and Disney Springs featuring our beloved brands and characters. The Pride collection includes apparel, accessories, pins, plush, and more, allowing everyone an array of ways to Share their Pride and bring their authentic selves to our parks and resorts every day. In addition, in celebration of Pride Month 2021, The Walt Disney Company is donating funds as part of our ongoing commitment to organizations around the world that support LGBTQ+ communities. Visit RainbowDisneyCollection.com for more information, and be sure to check out the colorful merchandise throughout Walt Disney World Resort this month.
Many retail locations at Disney Springs are also celebrating Pride Month with exclusive collections benefitting and supporting LGBTQ+ nonprofits and organizations. Just a few include:
- Basin – A portion of proceeds of this month’s bath bombs and soaps sales will benefit GLSEN, an educational organization working to end discrimination and prompt inclusion of LGBTQ+ students in K-12 schools.
- Havaianas – Add some color to your summer wardrobe with havaianas’ Pride Collection. Seven percent of net sales benefit All Out, an international organization in support of the rights of the LBGTQ+ community.
- Kate Spade New York – In celebration of Pride Month, Kate Spade New York is partnering with the Trevor Project, an organization providing mental health support and crisis intervention services to LGBTQ+ youth. Now through July 3, 2021, 20% of profits will benefit the Trevor Project with a minimum donation of $62,000 and maximum donation of $150,000.
- Levi’s – Levi’s is proud to feature their new Levi’s Pride Collection that celebrates and respects all pronouns. In support of this collection, Levi’s is making an annual donation to OutRight Action International, an organization working to advance human rights for LGBTQIA+ people all over the world.
- Lilly Pulitzer – Join Lilly Pulitzer on Saturday, June 12 from 12-4 p.m. to shop and support the onePULSE Foundation whose mission is to create and support a memorial that opens hearts, a museum that opens minds, educational programs that open eyes and legacy scholarships that open doors. 10% of proceeds during these special shopping hours will be donated to the onePULSE Foundation.
- M&M’s – Love is always colorful at M&M’s with new PRIDE-inspired chocolates and merchandise. M&M’s is supporting True Colors Foundation, a nonprofit organization implementing innovative solutions to youth homelessness focusing on the unique experiences of the LGBTQ youth.
- The LEGO Store – Celebrate the power of playing together with LEGO’s “Everyone is Awesome” colorful new set celebrating positivity and kindness in families and communities around our world. (Available while supplies last.)
- UGG – Shop the new UGG Pride Collection celebrating identity and love with all-gender footwear, accessories, and apparel in Pride-inspired colorways! With a maximum of $125,000, UGG will donate $25 per pair of Disco Stripes purchased to GLAAD — a nonprofit accelerating acceptance and advancing equality.
- Vera Bradley – Show your Pride with the new limited-edition Love Stripe Collection — 25% of proceeds will benefit Free Mom Hugs, a nonprofit empowering the world to celebrate the LBGTQ+ community through visibility, education and conversation.
Food & Beverage
You’ll also have the opportunity to Share Your Pride through some delectable food and beverage offerings all across Walt Disney World Resort.
At EPCOT, don’t miss a rainbow Mickey dome cake at Sunshine Seasons or a rainbow cake at Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe, and over at Magic Kingdom Park, select Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company locations offer a rainbow donut.
At Disney Springs, you’ll find sweet treats inspired by Pride Month at Amorette’s Patisserie, The Ganachery, Everglazed Donuts, Gideon’s Bakehouse, and more. City Works Eatery & Pour House on the Disney Springs West Side, throughout the month of June, features a Pride Flight consisting of beers from local LGBTQ+ owned, operated or supporting breweries. For more drink options to Share Your Pride, check out The Polite Pig, Splitsville Luxury Lanes, and Coca-Cola Rooftop Beverage Bar all month long.
We are proud to team up with so many to celebrate and honor the LGBTQ+ community this month. And we would love to see how you Share Your Pride at Walt Disney World Resort this month, so tag us in your posts! And stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog and social channels for more incredible Pride Month stories from Walt Disney World Resort and more on Instagram (@DisneyParksBlog), Twitter (@DisneyParks), and Facebook (@DisneyParksBlog)!