The 2021 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by CORKCICLE officially began this morning, uncorking 129 consecutive days of tasty fun at Walt Disney World Resort. We ventured out into the park to capture some of the foodie festivities that began today. Take a look!
During your visit to the festival, which is included with park admission to EPCOT, here’s some of what you’ll discover:
- More than 20 Global Marketplaces debut today, with another 10 joining the party this fall. New marketplaces open now include The Noodle Exchange, The Swanky Saucy Swine, Rotunda Bistro, Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina, and Brew-Wing at the EPCOT Experience. For info on menus, check out our Foodie Guide or visit TasteEPCOT.com.
- Live music will fill the air during this year’s festival. At the America Gardens Bandstand presented by Florida Blue Medicare, local bands from across Central Florida play popular songs of yesterday and today, Friday through Monday, at the America Gardens Theatre. Live acts performing daily include Voices of Liberty, Mariachi Cobre and the Jammin’ Chefs.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak invites kids of all ages on a magnifique adventure to find Chef Remy around the festival. Purchase a map and stickers from select locations and then search for statuettes of the “Little Chef” hidden throughout World Showcase and the Global Marketplaces. If you complete the scrumptious scavenger hunt, then go claim your special surprise, courtesy of Chef Remy!
- Keeping that foodie vibe from Disney and Pixar’s “Ratatouille” going, you can also take part in Emile’s Fromage Montage by purchase five participating cheese dishes from select Global Marketplaces. If you collect all five stamps – including a passionfruit cheesecake with toasted macadamia nuts – then scurry back to Shimmering Sips to claim a prize.
- You can also bring a piece of the festival home with official event merchandise, including apparel, home décor, kitchen essentials, trading pins and more.
And just as a reminder, to experience the 2021 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, you need a valid park ticket or annual pass and a Disney Park Pass reservation for EPCOT on the same date. As the event continues into the fall, it will be part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” beginning Oct. 1 in honor of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. So keep checking back with us here on the Disney Parks Blog for more updates on all the foodie fun!