Are you ready for an all-immersive adventure in a galaxy far, far away aboard Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser? Well then take a glimpse at what you can expect during your two-night journey in this new promotional poster we’re sharing today for the first time.
Opening in 2022 at Walt Disney World Resort, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will invite you into a new kind of “storyliving” as you travel the galaxy in a finely appointed starship. So far, many details about this new experience have been as cryptic as a Bothan spy, so it’s exciting to get another peek at what we have in store. Let’s take a closer look, shall we?
- The Halcyon starcruiser, in the upper-left corner, is your home for this two-night adventure. The sleek ship is known for its impeccable service, fabulous entertainment and exquisite dining, all of which you’ll get to enjoy during your vacation. (Side note: You can see a model of the ship right now in Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.)
- There are four people at the center of the poster – a youngling wearing Jedi robes and wielding a lightsaber, an adult dressed in the uniform of a First Order officer, a Twi’lek adult, and another youngling who appears to be holding a piece of technology of some sort. These figures are meant to represent you, the travelers, because Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is about your choices and how you live your personal Star Wars stories. Do you want to support the First Order? Live like a Jedi in training? Or perhaps become a member of high galactic society? It’s all waiting there for you to discover and decide.
- In front of those central figures is an R-series astromech droid – but one that seems to have a few extra bells and whistles. Hmm … I bet there’s a story there, too.
- In the lower left, you see passengers enjoying the remarkable cuisine offered in the Crown of Corellia Dining Room, the starcruiser’s enticing supper club. The food and drink certainly seem otherworldly …
- The image in the lower right is something I’m incredibly excited for – lightsaber training! That’s right, as part of your experience, you’ll face off with a training remote similar to how Luke Skywalker once did and learn the lightsaber’s ancient ways.
- Looming above all this is the intimidating visage of Kylo Ren. Couple him with those First Order stormtroopers charging into the scene on the left-hand side and … I have a bad feeling about this. The Halcyon starcruiser does have a storied past, after all, and a reputation for finding itself in the middle of galactic conflicts. Luckily Chewbacca and his trusty bowcaster are there in the upper-right corner. Remember, it’s not wise to upset a Wookiee!
- And don’t miss what’s happening at the very bottom of the poster. There’s something very familiar about those spires – especially to anyone who’s traveled to Batuu. I’ve heard the Halcyon starcruiser is adding that far-flung planet to its itinerary starting next year …
So my guess is this poster leaves you with as many questions as answers. Well, I have good news: We’ll soon be sitting down with Disney Imagineers to discuss all things Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, and will share that conversation with you here on the Disney Parks Blog and other Disney social channels. It will be the most in-depth discussion of this incredible new experience Walt Disney Imagineering has ever given publicly, so make sure you keep following us to find out more.
You can also visit starwarsgalacticstarcruiser.com and sign up to receive updates as they’re released.
Until next time … may the Force be with you.
My twin sister and I are retired and can’t wait until we board the Halcyon in the fall of 2022. We have been getting our “documents” in order and starting a packing list, updating our imaging unit, obtaining Batuuan Spira credits, and assembling our evening attire for dinner at the Crown of Corellia. Till the Spire.
The child “holding some kind of technology” is holding what is called a Datacron. They are actually powerful artifacts that contain ancient knowledge. They can be found in both dark and light side lore.
I would love to see adult-only cruises available from time-to-time.
More First Order, I’ll pass. Give the people what they want, Galactic Empire and Rebellion time period experiences.
Please tell me there’s lightsaber training for adults. 🖤🥺
We have our eyes on a spring ’23 stay!
I am so ready for this experience. Hope it’s the first of many more super immersive experiences from Disney.