Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is set to open in spring 2022 at Walt Disney World Resort, and today with the debut of its first commercial, we get a glimpse of what this first-of-its-kind vacation experience will be like. Check it out!
After you’ve watched this one or maybe 10 times, here are a few fun moments that stood out to me:
- We already know our adventure will begin at the Galactic Starcruiser Terminal at Walt Disney World, where we’ll enter a launch pod and head out into space. In this new clip, we watch out a viewport as the pod jumps to hyperspace, followed by the sudden appearance of the Halcyon starcruiser, our home base for this immersive two-night adventure in a galaxy far, far away.
- As we learned last week from Disney Imagineers, the dining experience will certainly be a highlight of a stay aboard the starcruiser. And you never know whom you may bump into while sipping a beverage.
- You see in the commercial how the Resistance is always looking for new recruits – but will we choose to join them?
- As our hero’s family rushes into the scene, you get a view out to space over his shoulder, and then a quick look inside the cabin. The sleeping berths we can see are reminiscent of a similar bunk inside the main hold of the Millennium Falcon, no? And those are definitely some nice robes the family is wearing – they look like Jedi ready for action!
- When the camera pulls back, we zoom out the cabin’s viewport and into space – where suddenly TIE fighters dart in and hurl some blaster bolts toward the starcruiser. The Imagineers let us know we’ll be trained in bridge operations as part of our stay on the ship, and its laser cannons may come in handy at some point …
That’s a lot to digest in just 30 seconds! If you’re interested in learning more, head over to www.starwarsgalacticstarcruiser.com, which was updated this morning with loads of new details. While you’re there, be sure to sign up to receive updates as more information is released. You can also check out our aforementioned conversation with Imagineers all about Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser in the video below.
And as always, stay with us here at the Disney Parks Blog as we continue to cover all things Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser leading up to its opening in spring 2022!
Ok a few questions:
1. Will it actually be launched into a galaxy, or will we be in a building that feels like were launched into the galaxy.
2. Why do the lightsabers look so real, are they real lightsabers?
so this isn’t a value resort…
Waaay too much information in this presentation. I’m very dissapointed that I know so much of what is going to happen. Wish there had been a lot more discretion in this discussion. It would be really good for the broader community if this video were removed. Please forgive me for not sounding as positively excited as I really am for this encounter. If I can ever do this, I WILL. But please – please remove this video to protect the mystery for other guests. MDW
This looks amazing!!!!! I just hope that international borders will be open next year so I can visit from Australia,
Okay…..I really hope my comment won’t be removed, as I really only mean to give constructive criticism as a life long Star Wars fan to help out if (and you should) this Park experience will be re-configured.
1.) Have any of your Imagineers actually watched Star Wars? Was there any reason why you guys went with an imaginary “Halcion” ship and not with the more authentic Venator Class Star Destroyer (Republic) or an Imperial Star Destroyer? Do you realize that the bridge of both of these Star Wars ships is what the Fandom equates as authentic? They’re dark, have a catwalk bridge leading to the peering deck, have sunken engineer bays or even a captain chair (as some as the Separatist ships like the Malevolence. The Star Ship bridge you’ve constructed isn’t anywhere close to looking like what a fan would equate to authentic.
2.) Have your Imagineers ever watched a Star Wars Cantina film outtake? Like the one in New Hope or one of the several cantina type settings seen in The Mandalorian?? Whatever you showed as a “Star Wars bar” along with a Twi’lek type songstress is unimaginative and absolutely light years away from being Star Wars authentic. Again, how could this have happened when Star Wars has given a incredibly rich environment your Imagineers could’ve drawn from?
3.) why are we still shown “concept art” from years ago when this hotel is completed? I do NOT want to see still pictures of a concept, this is absolutely unacceptable. This hotel is about 3 months from opening day and should be featured in it’s realized form….the time for concept art is (well) during conception.
4.) No Erin (previous commenter on here) these are NOT real lightsabers, these aren’t even lightsabers I would expect to see at such a steep price point. Again, your lightsaber training could’ve been better, especially if you would’ve tapped into the million type of virtual reality providers, that could’ve taken the kids into an immersive experience instead of trying to repel a light beam that projects from a hole in the wall. Seriously….do you actually pay these “Imagineers?”
5.) If Disney is really interested in restoring the beloved brand that is Star Wars, I’d advice you to finally embrace the extremely loyal Star Wars fan base, and welcome or even seek out our input. Heck….I’d give you pointers and/or advice FOR FREE!!
Disney has acquired Lucasfilm in 2012, and with that a super rich, decades old and intricately detailed history, and it’s time your Lucasfilm executives, Disney executives and every Imagineer on your team to be required to familiarize themselves with this history! Star Wars fans as a whole want an authentic Star Wars experience and NOT a reimagined Disney version! Stop trying to usurp, reimagine, rewrite or otherwise undo and/or change what we have come to love and expect as Star Wars!
Star Wars has probably one of the most fierce, loyal, excited Fandom that can be equally embracing (loved Rogue One, Mandalorian…some of the best that Star Wars has ever conceived) on one side and extremely hyper-critical on the other…..but after all it’s said and done, Disney will have to accept that Disney wants our money and we won’t accept anything less than a stellar Star Wars authentic experience!!!! Email me (wink)