HYGGE (pronounced: hoo-guh)
The feeling of coziness and contentment evoked by simple comforts, as being wrapped in a blanket, having good conversations, enjoying food and time with family.
Cozy and comforting
The concept of “hygge” can mean a lot of different things – it’s a way of life, something that makes you comfy and cozy. As the weather cools down and the holidays get closer, the idea of hygge should inspire families to spend time together doing their favorite activities. Whether it’s cuddling up for storytime with your favorite books, inspiring imaginative play with toys, planning a family game night or even watching movies together, there are so many ways families can learn how to hygge.
Here are five ways to celebrate with your family and friends:
1. Make a cup of hot cocoa and use the Marshmallow and Snowgies Mug from shopDisney.com to stay warm and cozy.
2. Warm up with a Frozen-inspired blanket.
3. Sing along with the new Elsa Feature Doll by Jakks Pacific.
4. Enjoy storytime with your favorite books and new Story Telling Olaf from Just Play.
5. Celebrate Disney+ Day on November 12th with a Frozen movie night and the debut of an all-new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called “Olaf Presents.” See “Frozen’s” beloved snowman retelling several classic Disney tales as only he can.