Our special series on the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort continues today with an exciting look at some of the EARidescent magic you can now discover at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
Whether it’s the iconic Hollywood Tower Hotel glowing brightly as a magnificent Beacon of Magic, delicious celebratory sips and bites or 50th anniversary celebration merchandise, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is glimmering like never before – calling you to experience new and once-in-a-lifetime offerings.
Disney chefs and mixologists have created an amazing lineup of celebratory treats made especially for the 50th anniversary celebration. The sips and bites are full of color, whimsy, and a touch of EARidescent shimmer and here’s where you can find each treat at Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
Trolley Car Café
- Glimmer and Shimmer Pineapple Mousse – Golden pineapple mousse on a toasted coconut crisp with caramel cream and matcha sponge cake
The Hollywood Brown Derby
- Filet Mignon with Walt’s Hash topped with an egg (just the way Walt liked it!)
- 50th Celebration Baked Alaska – Layers of strawberry-basil sorbet, vanilla gelato, and sponge cake coated in toasted meringue and caramelized brownie bites
The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge, Oasis Canteen, Sunshine Day Bar, Animation Bar
- Shimmer over the Moon – Apple pie moonshine, amaretto, falernum, pineapple juice, and club soda served with a souvenir glow cube
- Chocolate Mousse – Raspberry-dark chocolate mousse, chocolate-almond cake, and a layer of hazelnut crunch and whipped chocolate-hazelnut cheesecake
- Caramel Apple Tart – Spiced Caramel-Cheesecake Mousse, Apple-dusted in Gold, and served atop a Cinnamon-Apple Tart
Backlot Express and Fairfax Fare
- Glimmer and Shimmer Blondie – Gooey toffee and toasted coconut blondie with salted caramel buttercream and festive gold nuggets
- Glimmer and Shimmer Funnel Cake – Funnel cake with cookies ‘n cream and soft-serve vanilla ice cream topped with golden cookies and sprinkles
Rosie’s All-American Café
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios 50th Celebration Sandwich Cookie – Celebrating the 50th Anniversary with a pretzel shortbread cookie with strawberry jam and peanut butter-chocolate fudge
Trolley Car Café
- Pumpkin Mousse – Milk chocolate-chai mousse filled with pumpkin bread set atop a chocolate shortbread cookie and vanilla buttercream
In & Around The Park
- Glimmer and Shimmer Churros
- Mickey Glimmer and Shimmer Brownie – Chocolaty Mickey brownie with celebratory shimmery sprinkles
To view all the 50th anniversary celebration food and beverage offerings on your mobile device, click here to download the My Disney Experience app or click here to view at Disneyworld.com.
During the 50th anniversary celebration, Walt Disney World Resort theme park icons are also transforming into magnificent Beacons of Magic at night, beckoning all to come and celebrate. And at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the iconic Hollywood Tower Hotel is a sight to see!
This magical destination is shining and evoking the glimmer and shimmer of the golden age of imagination and adventure!
In the park, you can also find the “Disney Fab 50 Character Collection” – with each statue paying homage to the past 50 years of Walt Disney World while also ushering us into the next 50 years.
The beautiful golden statues at Disney’s Hollywood Studios include fan favorites R2-D2 and BB-8, Woody and Bo Peep, Sebastian and Flounder, Joe Gardener, Edna Mode and Frozone. As you find the “Disney Fab 50” in the park, be sure to snap a photo and share on social with #DisneyWorld50.
For the 18-month celebration, dazzling decorations and magical touches can be found throughout Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Disney teams have created all sorts of new decorations that shimmer and sparkle all day and into the night!
Also, be sure to look high and low at the park for even more EARidescent magic! Balloons have been a guest favorite since day one at Walt Disney World Resort and for the 50th anniversary celebration, you can enjoy special bouquets of balloons shimmering like never before at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
During your next visit, pick up a special edition park guide map created for the 50th anniversary celebration. The Disney Hollywood Studios guide map features the Hollywood Tower Hotel on the cover and includes great information on all of the celebratory food and beverages, special merchandise and more!
And don’t forget there’s even more magic to discover at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, a thrilling and ever-evolving destination where you let your adventure begin! From amazing attractions like Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway to out-of-this-Galaxy experiences at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and whimsical fun at Toy Story Land, excitement awaits every turn.
As we continue our 50th anniversary celebration at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and across the entire Walt Disney World Resort, be sure to follow #DisneyWorld50 on social media and check out all of our stories on our special Everything Walt Disney World 50th page.