This holiday season, gather your family and friends for a limited-time celebration of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ all-new musical comedy, “Encanto,” at Disney California Adventure park. Set in Colombia, “Encanto” inspires new experiences that expand the cultural representation of “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!,” the park’s festive holiday favorite that features authentic dancers, musicians, costumes, and décor inspired by the countries of Mexico and Brazil.
Come on by to see Mirabel, the young hero from the film, in a colorful photo location that evokes the “casita,” the enchanted home of Mirabel’s magical family, the Madrigals. Treat yourself to a delicious “arepa con queso” and listen to authentic Colombian music from the band El Sabor Bueno, appearing twice a week at Paradise Gardens Bandstand.
Of course, “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” also celebrates the holidays with an amazing street party hosted by José Carioca, Panchito, and Donald Duck, complete with Mexican folklórico dancers and mariachis, Brazilian samba dancers and percussionists, giant mojiganga puppets, and Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in their fiesta best.
“Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” is part of the joyous Disney Festival of Holidays, an uplifting, heartwarming, and uniquely Disney celebration that brings the season to life with diverse music and dance performances, unique food and gift marketplaces, and plenty of beloved Disney characters inviting you to delight in the festive spirit of the holidays!
Here’s a look at some of the fun you can experience this year:
Disney Festival of Holidays celebrates the spirit of Christmas, Navidad, Hanukkah, Diwali, Kwanzaa, and Three Kings Day with live entertainment across the park, including:
- The Mistletoes – This a cappella ensemble, appearing at Festival of the Holidays for the first time this year, celebrates an R&B Christmas and the spirit of Kwanzaa, as they perform classic holiday songs with rhythm and soul at the Pacific Wharf Stage and the Palisades Stage.
- Mariachi Divas – Sing along with this GRAMMY Award-winning group and their signature repertoire of catchy, bilingual holiday tunes as they perform at Pacific Wharf.
- Mostly Kosher – This lively group celebrates Hanukkah with an uplifting and eclectic musical tapestry that weaves together klezmer, Latin, jazz, and rock on the stage at Sonoma Terrace.
- Blue13 Dance Company – These spirited performers turn up the fun with traditional Indian dances that celebrate Diwali and build to a Bollywood-inspired party for all at the Palisades Stage.
- Holiday Toy Drummers – These drummers march to their own merry beat and perform precision drills with holiday cheer on the Palisades Stage.
- “Mickey’s Happy Holidays” – This cheerful seasonal celebration with Mickey Mouse and friends travels through the heart of Disney California Adventure park, encouraging everyone to join in the fun with Disney and Pixar characters, all dancing and marching along to the high-energy music and merry rhythms of the Holiday Toy Drummers.
- Holiday Concerts – In the evenings, enjoy holiday entertainment for all ages at the Palisades Stage at Paradise Gardens Park. Appearing this year are The Suffragettes, an exciting festival band that rocks the holidays with chart-topping hits from some favorite musical artists, and Phat Cat Swinger, the West Coast’s “Little Big Band,” performing a swinging selection of holiday tunes presented with a refreshing twist.
- Disney Characters – Keep your eyes open! You may catch a glimpse of favorites like Pluto, Chip n’ Dale, Clarabelle Cow and more, all dressed for the season.
- Santa’s Holiday Visit – Santa Claus and his joyful elves have transformed Redwood Creek Challenge Trail into a jolly playground of holiday fun. Come wave “Hello!” and share your Christmas wishes before Santa departs for the North Pole on Dec. 24.
You can enjoy all this and more, now through Jan. 9, 2022, at Disney California Adventure park, and be sure to catch Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Encanto,” only in theaters Nov. 24, 2021!