At Walt Disney World Resort, women have been a driving force behind many of our most treasured theme park experiences. That’s why Women’s History Month is so important to us – it’s a time to honor women throughout history, share their stories and celebrate their achievements.
All month long, “Celebrate HER Story” will put the spotlight on cherished Disney character heroines and our talented female cast members who are making positive impacts. From engineers, magic makers, and chefs to talented female-led entertainment and unique offerings, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
“Celebrate HER Story” is one of the ways Walt Disney World is reimagining tomorrow.
Art and Music
Throughout Walt Disney World Resort: Unique photo-silhouette backdrops are one of the ways we’re celebrating women. Showcasing strong female Disney characters, these fun photo locations can be found across property – from Disney Springs to more than 20 Disney Resort hotels. Find them, snap a selfie with your favorite heroine, and share on social media using the tag #CelebrateHERStory.
At Disney Springs: On Friday and Saturday evenings a female DJ will lead a Disney sing-along for families on the AdventHealth Waterside Stage. The playlist will feature songs by some of Disney’s most beloved and inspirational female characters. In addition, a variety of female performers will be featured most nights throughout the month of March.
At EPCOT: As part of this year’s Garden Rock Concerts Series at EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, several female artists will take the stage of the America Gardens Theatre. March performers include:
- Skillzmatic – March 2, 3, 29, 30, 31
- Melina León – March 11,12
- CeCe Winans – March 13, 14
- Hello Sister – March 15, 16, 17
- Glass Ceiling – March 22, 23, 24
Food and Beverage
At Magic Kingdom Park: All month long, special sweet offerings will pay tribute to female Disney Imagineers whose work has greatly influenced and impacted Walt Disney World Resort:
- At Liberty Square Market, discover the Madame Leota Cupcake inspired by Leota Toombs: Chocolate-cherry cake filled with black cherry-lime cream finished with blackberry buttercream
- At Friar’s Nook, enjoy the “it’s a small world” Cupcake inspired by Mary Blair: Lemon funfetti cake, blue raspberry buttercream, and vanilla-lemon buttercream
- And, at select outdoor food and beverage carts on Main Street, U.S.A., you will find the Cinderella Castle Mosaic Cupcake inspired by Dorothea Redmond: Champagne-flavored cake filled with fresh raspberry champagne compote, finished with gold champagne buttercream, mosaic tile sprinkles and chocolate garnish
At Select Disney Resort Hotels: Kicking off International Women’s Day on March 8 and continuing through the month, two Disney Resort hotels will offer specialties inspired by the women of the Disney animated feature, “Encanto.”
At Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, discover:
- Chorizo Arepas: Cheese arepas topped with chorizo, red pepper and onion-egg scramble, arugula, and sliced avocado
- Mirabel Cupcake: Cinnamon cupcake filled with custard and topped with coconut buttercream, toasted coconut, and Mirabel-inspired fondant garnishes
Also at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, you can enjoy:
- Luisa Push-Up Cake Pop: Layers of vanilla cake and tres leches pastry cream topped with a doughnut hole ‘boulder’
- Encanto Cholado: Crushed ice topped with sliced fresh fruit, sweetened condensed milk and shredded coconut
At Disney Springs: Select locations will showcase signature food and drinks.
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar will showcase inspired dishes created by female chefs:
- Nona’s Home-Style Meatballs presented by Sous Chef Lori Tiritilli: Italian meatballs with Sunday gravy, basil pesto, and scratch-made lemon ricotta, grilled focaccia crostini, grated pecorino cheese
- Carne Frita con Tostones presented by Sous Chef Natalie Floyd: Crispy pork shoulder tostones, pickled onions, citrus aioli
Tempt your sweet tooth by heading over to Amorette’s Patisserie to enjoy:
- “The Passion of My Life” Dessert presented by Pastry Chef Yoly Lazo Colon: Pineapple, mango and toasted coconut mousse, coconut chiffon cake, white chocolate crisp pearls and infused passion fruit glacage
Or, visit The Ganachery to discover a treat inspired by a fierce female Padawan:
- Lady Tano Pop, a concept by Chocolatier Katie Dodge presented by Chef Chocolatier Amanda Lauder: Plant-based coconut and blueberry swirled ganache topped with dark 65% chocolate
Stories and Heroines
All month long, the Play Disney Parks App will feature a special “Women of Imagineering” trivia game highlighting current and former female Disney Imagineers and the incredible contributions they have made to The Walt Disney Company. The celebration even extends to Disney MobileMagic Service, where passes featuring exclusive new designs showcase favorite female characters like Edna Mode, Mrs. Incredible, Minnie Mouse and more. These special passes will be available throughout March.
At EPCOT: Explore two exhibits spotlighting female trailblazers:
- “Rally of the Gazelles (Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc)” is an immersive vignette found in the Morocco pavilion. It highlights the country’s all-female off-road race, where navigation skills, determination and teamwork mean the difference between getting ahead and going off-course.
- “Creating Tradition: Innovation and Change in American Indian Art” is an exhibit found in the American Adventure pavilion. It showcases authentic, historical Native artifacts alongside contemporary works of American Indian art, demonstrating examples of cultural traditions which have been handed down through generations. Among the featured artists with works on display are fashion designer Loren Aragon (Acoma Pueblo), noted doll-maker Glenda McKay (Ingalik-Athabascan) and Juanita Growing Thunder (Assiniboine Sioux) from the Growing Thunder family of Montana.
Discover curated items and specialty merchandise available at various locations all month long! Here is a first look at new nuiMOs outfits celebrating female empowerment. They’re coming soon to Disney theme parks and shopDisney.com.
There’s More to Come
Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog to learn what else will soon debut in honor of Women’s History Month – from special fitness events to spotlights on female entrepreneurs and culinary talent, and limited-time offerings.
We hope you will join us at Walt Disney World this month to “Celebrate HER Story!” And be sure to follow along on the Disney Parks Blog to see more #CelebrateHERStory opportunities, and learn about the amazing women we’ll be celebrating all month long.