Disney’s admiration for military service is part of the company’s DNA, dating back to our founders Walt and Roy O. Disney, who both served during WWI. In that spirit, we’re thrilled to host the Veterans Institute Summit August 19-20 at Walt Disney World Resort. This two-day event is designed to empower companies to build effective veteran hiring, training and support programs of their own to provide opportunities for servicemen and women returning home and transitioning to civilian life. As a veteran myself who joined Disney ten years ago following a military career, I appreciate the commitment to investing in those who served in uniform.
Veterans Institute Summit presented by Disney Institute and Wounded Warrior Project will be a complimentary event hosted live online. The two-day event features insights and conversations with speakers with a passion for supporting and enabling veterans and military spouses as they explore meaningful employment outside of their military service.
During National Military Appreciation Month, we’re honored to share just a few of the speakers we look forward to hosting for this inspiring event.
- U.S. Army General Paul Funk II, Commanding General, United States Army Training and Doctrine Command
- Michael Linnington, CEO, Wounded Warrior Project, U.S. Army General, retired
- Dr. Barbara Van Dahlen, CEO, WeBe Life; Founder, Give an Hour
- Bob Woodruff, Founder, Bob Woodruff Foundation
- Mark Elliott, Head of Military & Veterans Affairs, JP Morgan Chase & Co., U.S. Army Colonel, retired
- William Reynolds III, Management Consulting Entrepreneur & Business Leader, SERVE Advisory Group, U.S. Army Captain, Retired
- Jen Amos, Podcaster & Entrepreneur, Holding Down the Fort Podcast
- Jen Anthony, Director of Veteran Services, The COMMIT Foundation, U.S. Air Force Chief Master Sergeant, retired
- Brian Alvarado, Director, Military Spouse Programs, Hiring Our Heroes, an initiative of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Stephanie Brown, Founder and CEO of The Rosie Network
- Jaime Chapman, COO and Co-Founder of Military Spouse Chamber of Commerce
- Beau Higgins, Senior Manager, Military Affairs, Amazon; U.S. Marine Colonel, retired
The 2022 Veterans Institute Summit will be webcast live from ESPN Wide World of Sports complex on August 19 and 20 and I know it is sure to be full of very informative and active discussions. We appreciate the support from event sponsors Wounded Warrior Project, Amazon, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Optum Serve who all share a passion for helping set veterans and military spouses up for success following their service to our country.
Stay tuned for announcements of additional speakers in the weeks ahead! To learn more and reserve a space, please visit our Veterans Institute Summit website.