Have you ever wondered what it would be like to open National Geographic Magazine and find yourself in the destination you’re reading about? How about experiencing it alongside a National Geographic photographer, biologist, archaeologist, and other inspiring individuals who are out there furthering our knowledge and awareness of the world? Well, when traveling with National Geographic Expeditions, you can do just that!
Today, we announced that National Geographic Expeditions will be offering even more ways for you to explore the wonders of the world through the lens of knowledgeable National Geographic Experts with the launch of 2023 Signature Land itineraries, available for booking starting May 26.
There’s an amazing lineup of more than 30 places to explore within the Signature Land portfolio, including the redesigned Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia: Ancient Temples and Natural Wonders expedition, which gives travelers an even more in-depth and off-the-beaten-path exploration through the wonders of Southeast Asia. Check out the details below for this one-of-a-kind exploration that National Geographic can provide.
Newly Redesigned: Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia: Ancient Temples and Natural Wonders
The redeveloped itinerary, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia: Ancient Temples and Natural Wonders, adds two exciting stops to its previous collection of expedition favorites and provides even more behind-the-scenes looks at several Southeast Asian projects funded by the National Geographic Society. Travelers will embark on a 17-day, 16-night excursion across Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho, Hue, Hanoi, Ninh Binh, Luang Prabang and Siem Reap, with local experts joining itinerary activities.
Highlights of the expedition include:
- Brand new experiences, such as a sampan tour along the peaceful canals of Tan Phong Islet followed by a cycle excursion through charming villages — plus a visit to Cai Rang Floating Market, the most famous market of Mekong Delta.
- Traveler favorite visits to the Angkor Conservation Center — a site rarely open to the general public — to discover thousands of protected statues recovered from the archaeological site, and the Golden Silk Pheach Preservation Center — one of the last silk producers in the world where the silk-making process (raising silkworms to weaving) is fully integrated in one place.
- An array of bold flavors, as travelers sample everything from authentic Vietnamese iced coffee and street fare to a five-course gala dinner.
- Must-see sites, including a stop at UNESCO World Heritage site Angkor Archeological Park, home to the magnificent Angkor Wat temple.
- A journey back into history with tours of Emperor Tu Duc and Khai Dinh Tombs in Hue, as well as a visit to the Purple Forbidden City.
- An in-depth look at two National Geographic Society conservation initiatives during a visit to:
- Save Vietnam’s Wildlife Rescue Center, where orphaned and injured wildlife are rehabilitated before being released back into the wild. There, travelers learn about initiatives spearheaded by National Geographic Explorers and other researchers to protect critically endangered pangolins.
- Tat Kuang Si Bear Rescue Center, where travelers observe the Asiatic black bears — also known as moon bears, given the distinct crescent moon shape on their chest — and hear from a conservationist about the National Geographic-funded research to protect these unique animals.
The expedition’s departure dates begin in late December 2022 and extend to March 2023.
The Signature Land Experience
What is a Signature Land expedition? Let me tell you, these custom-designed trips, filled with endless opportunities for exploration, are perfect for travelers looking to fulfill their curiosity! The more than 30 National Geographic Expeditions Signature Land trips provide premium, fully planned itineraries that give travelers rare access to places around the globe, paired with unique opportunities to experience a destination through the eyes of the storytellers behind National Geographic.
Whether face-to-face with an elephant in the Serengeti, listening to a wildlife biologist explain its every move or gazing at prehistoric cave paintings alongside a paleontologist in France, each Signature Land trip is hosted by a National Geographic Expert who provides a one-of-a-kind perspective. With specialties such as filmmaking, conservation, photography, archaeology, geography and many more, the Experts who travel on Signature Land expeditions are passionate storytellers who have a close connection to National Geographic, and their unique insights foster a travel experience that enlightens, inspires and goes in-depth like no other. No matter which Signature Land trip you select, you will get an in-depth look with amazing access to experiences you wouldn’t typically see when traveling!
Experience Meaningful Travel
Sounds amazing, right? But did you know that when traveling with National Geographic Expeditions, you also give back?
Not only will you channel your inner explorer by going deeper into the storytelling of a destination, but wherever possible, you have opportunities to witness firsthand the impact of the support you give by choosing to travel with National Geographic. Expedition itineraries are custom-designed to grant special access to National Geographic Society-funded initiatives all around the world where you will participate in meaningful and enlightening experiences, such as taking part in reforestation efforts alongside researchers in Costa Rica, planting a giant clam in a marine sanctuary in Palau or joining a primatologist in search of chimpanzees in Uganda.
Giving back extends well beyond the trip experience, with a portion of the proceeds from every expedition supporting the global community of National Geographic Explorers. Each year, the National Geographic Society awards more than 575 grants to scientists, educators, storytellers, conservationists, technologists and many other changemakers who help define some of the critical challenges of our time, drive new knowledge, advance new solutions and inspire positive, transformative change.
To learn more about the 2023 Signature Land trips and National Geographic Expeditions, visit NatGeoExpeditions.com, call 888.966.8687 or contact a travel agent.