UPDATE: The National Churro Day results are in! Thanks to your votes,
available for a limited time June 6 through June 12, guest visiting
Sunshine Churros at Disney Springs and California Churro at Downtown Disney District will have the opportunity to try the following new churro flavors:
Sunshine Churros: Peanut Butter Lovers Churro
California Churros: Chocolicious Strawberries and Creme Churro
Churros and Disney go hand in hand. Literally. My personal favorite is the S’mores Churro which has made its triumphant return to Disney California Adventure. And for years we’ve been treated to delicious new churro flavors and limited-time creations as part of seasonal celebrations and special events. Now, it’s your turn to help decide which new limited-time Disney churro flavors we should offer next!
To celebrate National Churro Day on June 6, I’m excited to announce that, starting today, fans can vote for which exclusive limited-time churro flavors they would like to see offered at Sunshine Churros at Disney Springs and California Churro at Downtown Disney District. Each location will offer three unique flavor creations – many inspired by popular fan feedback – which fans can vote on. Based on the final polling results, the most voted on flavor from each location will be available for purchase for a limited time June 6 through June 12.
Before you cast your vote, let’s take a closer look at what delicious churro flavors we have to choose from.
Sunshine Churros at Disney Springs
- Double Chocolate Churro – Guests ask daily about a chocolate churro, so here we go! This delicious churro is rolled in chocolate sugar coating and drizzled with yummy milk chocolate sauce.
- Golden Dragon Churro – The general manager of Sunshine Churros put his personal touch on this twist of a Blue Ribbon Corn Dog. This churro is rolled in Panko crumbs with a sriracha mayo drizzled over the top.
- Peanut Butter Lovers – Inspired by the California Churro’s Halfway to Halloween offering, this churro is rolled in cinnamon sugar, drizzled with milk chocolate and peanut butter sauce and topped with peanut butter candy pieces.
California Churro at Downtown Disney District
- Caramel Apple Churro – Take a popular Disney treat and make it a churro! This yummy churro is rolled in apple sugar and drizzled with caramel sauce.
- Mint Chocolate Churro – A personal favorite when it comes to any dessert. This churro is rolled in chocolate sugar and drizzled with milk chocolate and mint icing.
- Chocolicious Strawberries and Creme Churro – Inspired by a Mexican snack cake (Gansito), this churro is rolled in cinnamon sugar, a drizzle of strawberry topping, milk chocolate, and marshmallow fluff.
So, vote now through May 29 and stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog where we will announce the National Churro Day flavor results next week!