The countdown continues for the Veterans Institute Summit presented by Disney Institute and Wounded Warrior Project on Aug. 19 and 20. This incredible two-day conference is designed to empower companies to build effective veteran hiring, training, and support programs of their own.
A few weeks ago, we shared news on several of the confirmed speakers. And today, we’re thrilled to share the news about additional speakers joining the already impressive roster. We’re pleased to announce the following speakers will be appearing at the Summit:
- Staff Sergeant (ret.) David Bellavia – Medal of Honor Recipient
- Tish Stropes – Vice President of Strategic Initiatives; Fisher House Foundation
- Eric Eversole – Vice President, U.S. Chamber of Commerce; President, Hiring Our Heroes, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Cheryl Mason- Chairman of the Board of Veterans’ Appeals; U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Allie Braswell – Senior Vice President, Culture, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; VyStar Credit Union
- Carlandra “CT” Moss – Racial Equity & Inclusion Director; Blue Star Families
- Lieutenant Colonel Ismael Ortizrivera – Employment Director; U.S. Army, Soldier for Life
The 2022 Veterans Institute Summit will be webcast live from ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex on Aug. 19 and 20 and there is still time to reserve a space. We appreciate the support from event sponsors Wounded Warrior Project, Amazon Global Military Affairs, The Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, USAA, Optum Serve, Enterprise Holdings, Inc., and JPMorgan Chase & Co., who all share a passion for helping set veterans and military spouses up for success following their service to our country. To learn more about this event and register to attend, please visit our Veterans Institute Summit website.
Disney knows how important it is to help military servicemembers, veterans and military spouses find meaningful work following their service to our country and is honored to host this event to join forces with many organizations who share this same goal.
In this spirit, we’re also excited to participate in an upcoming Virtual Career Fair Town Hall hosted by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s “Hiring our Heroes” program on Aug. 10. This event will be presented by Disney Institute and produced by ABC Owned Television Stations.
During this Town Hall, military program leaders from a variety of successful companies will share their best tips and tricks for members of the military community transitioning into a civilian career. This insightful segment aims to prepare viewers for the Hiring Our Heroes – Virtual Career Fair taking place on Aug. 31.
The Aug. 10 Town Hall will be streamed on the ABC Owned Television Stations websites nationwide at 1 p.m. ET. To learn more and register for the Aug. 31 Virtual Career Fair as either an employer or a job seeker, visit this link.