It’s the most wonderful time of the year at the Most Magical Place on Earth! Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is returning to Walt Disney World Resort for the holiday season on select nights November 8 to December 22. It may not be the 12th day of Christmas quite yet, but the planDisney panelists are feeling generous and giving you 12 holly jolly tips for making the most of this special holiday gathering! Whether the crew in your sleigh consists of little ones, adults, or a multi-generational mix, these itinerary insights are sure to create an evening of merriment you’ll never forget!
Top Tips for Families with Little Ones
1. As you’re getting your family ready for this night of festive fun, don’t forget to pack layers. “This may be Florida, but when the sun goes down, the Sunshine State can get chilly. Make sure to bring a sweater or jacket to keep yourself and your little ones warm,” advises panelist Ashley F. It’s the perfect excuse to wear your favorite Christmas sweater: the uglier, the better!
2. Once you enter Magic Kingdom Park donning your holiday best, take family photos early in the evening before your little ones make their way to Santa’s naughty list. “Capture your holiday card photos before enjoying that first cup of complimentary hot cocoa. Been there, spilled that!” suggests panelist Jennifer B. (You read that right: complimentary hot cocoa! More on that magical perk in number 10.)
3. After your family has snapped the perfect picture, panelist Alyssa P. recommends letting the youngest partygoers get their wiggles out and “dance the night away with festive friends during rockin’ dance parties!” Little ones will have the chance to boogie with North Pole pals at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café, bust a move with Disney favorites at the Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland, and get their groove on with Disney Junior characters in Storybook Circus! Be sure to check the My Disney Experience app for the performance schedule.
4. The very merry entertainment doesn’t end with dance parties! Fireworks sparkle the sky in “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show.” Yuletide cheer is spread as live performers sing and dance to holiday melodies during “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration” at the Cinderella Castle stage. Gingerbread men, marching toy soldiers, and beloved Disney characters make their way through the park in “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.” Panelist Mandy D. suggests that families with young children catch the earlier stage show performances and the first parade run. “You don’t want a sleepy little one to miss the very special guest at the end of the parade!”
Must-Do’s for the Grown Ups
5. The holiday season has a way of bringing out the kid in all of us, and there’s no better place to embrace the nostalgic magic of Christmastime than Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party! Grown up or not, the event-exclusive entertainment is not to be missed! Panelist Alyssa P’s top recommendation for an adults-only group is to “catch the second performance of Mickey’s ‘Once Upon a Christmastime Parade’ and the later showings of ‘Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration’ once all of the littlest guests have left.”
6. The yuletide fun continues as Disney characters dressed in their festive best are out and about celebrating the season. “Characters aren’t just for kids!” reminds panelist Margaret H. “We prefer character interactions later in the evening. We find we have more time to hang with our favorite Disney friends and capture picture-perfect memories.”
7. Have you been dreaming of a white Christmas? Get ready to go walking in a winter wonderland as you may notice a flurry of “snow” on Main Street, U.S.A. creating the perfect festive ambience. In panelist Ariane F’s opinion, “There is nothing quite as magical as watching the snow fall and seeing the spirit of the season come to life!”
8. Attention holiday shoppers! While on Main Street U.S.A., panelist Anna S. is prepped and ready with her Christmas list and likes to knock out some shopping during the event. “Make your list and check it twice. It’s a great opportunity to snag holiday merchandise to put in your family’s stockings – or your own!” Don’t feel like shopping? No worries! New this year, party guests will receive a complimentary 50th Anniversary holiday-themed keepsake!
Holly Jolly Tips and Tricks
9. The Christmastime cheer that fills the air at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is for guests of all ages! Our panelists’ top tip for kids from 1 to 92: arrive early! “The holiday gathering begins at 7 p.m., but ticket holders can arrive as early as 4 p.m.” reminds panelist Stacy C. The more time spent in the magic, the merrier!
10. Now to one of the sweetest party benefits: complimentary holiday goodies! “Satisfy your sweet tooth by stocking up on complimentary cookies and hot cocoa offered throughout the park!” recommends panelist Ana Paula R. If anybody in your party has dietary restrictions, gluten-free/allergy-friendly options are available as well!
11. As you’re exploring the park searching for all the cookies and cocoa you care to enjoy, stop by several fan-favorite attractions that have undergone holiday makeovers! “Don’t forget to check out decked out attractions like Tomorrowland Speedway Race Through the Holidays, Space Mountain – Holiday Run, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor Holiday Show, Jingle Cruise, and Mad Tea Party!” suggests panelist Ariane F.
12. Don’t miss out on the extra-magical photo opportunities available to event guests! Panelist Anne Marie R. recommends utilizing Disney PhotoPass service. “Make very merry memories with Disney PhotoPass Magic Shots and see what seasonal surprises the photographers add to your pictures!” Do note that Disney PhotoPass downloads and prints are not included with event admission and must be purchased separately. Also available and new to this year’s party are three 3D photo locations allowing your party to step right into a holiday scene!
We hope you find these tips from the planDisney panelists helpful as you’re planning your visit to this magical holiday celebration. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a great night at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
To learn more about this separately ticketed event, visit the Walt Disney World website. For more tips and planning advice for your upcoming Disney vacation, follow planDisney on Instagram and Twitter, and ask the panelists your planning questions at planDisney.com.
Panelists receive compensation for their participation on planDisney.