Happy World Vegan Day! Today, we’re celebrating this special day by sharing a delicious plant-based Spinach and Artichoke Dip recipe with you. This dip is served at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and is made with plant-based cheese substitutes and oat milk and served with house-made chips. This delicious dish makes a wonderful appetizer to share with friends and family for any occasion.
I love the vegetables in this recipe – spinach, artichokes, red bell pepper, and cauliflower! The cauliflower blended with the plant-based cheese makes this dip nice and creamy. As a lover of spinach and artichoke dip myself, I can honestly say this is one of my favorites. If I hadn’t made it, I wouldn’t have known the cheeses were all plant-based.
When I tested this, I found there were extra cauliflower florets and red bell pepper left over, so I used them as dippers – and they were great! Tortilla chips, pita chips, and carrot sticks make fantastic dippers as well. One quick note for the home cook: plant-based cheese spreads, like the one used in the recipe, all have different water contents. Slowly add the oat milk to get the desired texture on your dip.
This is a great dish to bring to a gathering of plant-based friends and will also be enjoyed by friends who don’t follow a plant-based diet. Let’s get to the recipe!
PLANT-BASED SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
Disney Hollywood Studios
- 1 cup panko-style breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated plant-based Parmesan-style cheese substitute
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
PLANT-BASED SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup chopped Spanish onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/4 cups vegan chive cheese
- Oat milk, as needed
- 1 cup tightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped canned artichokes
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tajin seasoning
- Red pepper strips
- Cauliflower florets
- Carrot sticks
- Pita chips
FOR PANKO TOPPING:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir breadcrumbs and plant-based Parmesan-style cheese on baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes, stirring once, until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Add fresh parsley and set aside.
FOR PLANT-BASED SPINACH-ARTICHOKE DIP:
- Combine water, onion, and cauliflower in a small food processor. Purée until smooth; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a small skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add chopped garlic and puréed cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes. Add plant-based chive cheese and cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. If dip is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of oat milk at a time and thin to desired consistency.
- Add spinach, artichokes, and red bell pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until spinach is wilted, and artichokes are warm. Season with Tajin.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
Pour warm spinach-artichoke dip into a small bowl. Sprinkle panko topping on top and serve with vegetables and pita chips.
Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
If you’re enjoying a plant-based offering at a Walt Disney World Resort or making your own Disney Parks-inspired dish like this one, remember to share your photo with #DisneyEats. We love seeing all your own foodie adventures.