‘Tis the season to find the perfect gift for friends and family! Whether a year-round Disney Parks-goer, a foodie looking for their next cookbook, or an armchair adventurer, Disney Publishing has books for readers of any age.
Follow a trio of researchers, writers, and photographers who logged more than 180,000 miles visiting every Disney park and resort across the globe to capture holiday installations in “Holiday Magic at the Disney Parks: Celebrations Around the World from Fall to Winter.”
“Star Wars: The High Republic: The Quest for the Hidden City” takes readers back centuries before the Clone Wars or the Empire, transporting them to a ravaged planet said to be haunted by mythical monsters. Speaking of monsters — “Cautionary Tales” by Ridley Pearson is filled with twist-and-turn tales featuring the worst Disney villains.
Young adult readers can navigate a strange new New Orleans with Tiana in “A Twisted Tale: Almost There,” the 13th installment in the New York Times best-selling series that reintroduces fans to their favorite worlds and stories – with game-changing twists. Or they can follow Sally Skellington as she attempts to discover what it means to be true to herself and save the town she’s learned to call home in a “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” literary adventure, “Long Live the Pumpkin Queen.”
“Delicious Disney: Walt Disney World” is a mouth-watering look at the Florida resort’s culinary past, present, and future—woven around diverse recipes from Disney Chefs, and a good fit for home chefs of varying skill levels. Or, in a beautifully illustrated treasury, fans of all ages all over the world can indulge in “100 Disney Adventures of a Lifetime” – from a dragon under Sleeping Beauty’s Castle to a royal makeover at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiques to a tour of the Galapagos Islands – that will make for a lifetime of magical, memorable experiences.
A universe of fun awaits in National Geographic Kids’ “1,000 Facts About Space,” packed with cool facts about the expanse of space, from glowing stars billions of light-years away to supermassive exploding supernovas.
For little ones who love to discover and explore their dreams, “Wakanda Forever: The Courage to Dream” is an inspiring picture book about a young Wakandan finding her destiny. Or check out “Loud Mouse,” a new lyrical picture book by Tony Award-winner Idina Menzel and acclaimed writer and teacher Cara Mentzel, to share the story about a little mouse finding her BIG voice with the help of her sister.
Disney Publishing Holiday Gift Guide
- “Loud Mouse” by Idina Menzel and Cara Mentzel
- “Frozen: Anna, Elsa, and the Enchanting Holiday” by Meredith Rusu
- “Wakanda Forever: The Courage to Dream” by Frederick Joseph, Illustrated by Nikkolas Smith
- “The High Republic: Quest for the Hidden City” by George Mann
- “Disney Cautionary Tales” by Ridley Pearson
- “1,000 Facts About Space” by Dean Regas
Ages 12 and Up
- “Long Live The Pumpkin Queen” by Shea Ernshaw
- “Twisted Tale: Almost There” by Farrah Rochon
- “Star Wars: The High Republic: Path of Deceit” by Justina Ireland and Tessa Gratton
Adults and Fans of Any Age
- “Delicious Disney: Walt Disney World” by Marcy Carriker Smothers, The Disney Chefs, Pam Brandon
- “Holiday Magic at the Disney Parks: Celebrations Around the World from Fall to Winter” by Charlie Price, Becky Cline and Graham Allen
- “100 Disney Adventures of a Lifetime” by Marcy Carriker Smothers