Some of my favorite childhood memories were made at Walt Disney World Resort. I can recall our visits to Disney’s Hollywood Studios to be among the first on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, snacking on Goofy’s Candy Company treats and seeking out the best mac and cheese. So, the day I finally became a Florida resident and lived mere miles from The Most Magical Place on Earth was a big deal.
Fellow Florida residents, if you’re like me and take trips to Walt Disney World to receive a healthy dose of nostalgia or to create new memories to reconnect with what makes life fun, you don’t want to miss these deals! We’re always looking to give Florida residents ways to save on their visits – and best of all – you can experience the final phase of Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary celebration, happening through March 31, 2023.
Disney Weekday Magic Ticket
The Disney Weekday Magic Ticket is back!* Beginning Jan. 10, 2023, Floridians will be able to purchase a 2-day ticket for $175 (plus tax) to visit Walt Disney World Resort theme parks Monday through Friday (ticket is valid through April 27, 2023, subject to blockout dates**). To learn additional details, including information on 3-day and 4-day Disney Weekday Magic Tickets, visit DisneyWorld.com/Resident.
Welcoming guests into new and timeless stories, Florida residents can discover wonder and joy throughout a range of experiences at Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, including:
- Discover a beautiful land that celebrates the magic of nature exploring Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
- The larger-than-life show “Festival of the Lion King” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, filled with songs, pageantry and puppetry, celebrates the classic movie, “The Lion King.”
- EPCOT International Festival of the Arts presented by AT&T – one of my favorite EPCOT festivals – kicks off Jan. 13 and runs through Feb. 20 with show-stopping performances, delicious cuisine and creative talents and artwork.
- Guests can shrink down to the size of Chef Remy for a 4D culinary adventure on Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure at EPCOT.
- All aboard the Walt Disney World Railroad! The beloved steam train is once again welcoming guests on a convenient – and nostalgic – trip around Magic Kingdom Park.
- The recent return of the beloved nighttime spectacular “Fantasmic!” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios features a brand-new show sequence. If you have not yet seen the show’s triumphant return, now is the time to do so!
- Guests may zip away on a zany adventure through a cartoon universe crammed with surprises on Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
… and even more exciting debuts are on the horizon across Walt Disney World Resort theme parks!
Florida Resident Disney Resort Hotel Offer
I love staycations: they have all the fun of a vacation without having to travel too far from home. Florida residents, you can save up to 20% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels on select dates. If you are looking for a reason to get away, whether it’s a family vacation, a couple’s retreat, or a trip with the friend group, this is your sign to do so! To learn more, visit DisneyWorld.com/FLSave.
When you stay at a Disney Resort hotel, you get access to special perks, such as 30-minute early entry into the theme parks every day (valid theme park admission and theme park reservation required)*** and free transportation, turning joyful moments into treasured memories.
Excited to book your next Walt Disney World vacation? If you’re looking for tips from the experts, planDisney is a complimentary digital resource where panelists can provide you with helpful advice on all-things Walt Disney World. Check out planDisney.com, @planDisneyPanel on Instagram or @planDisney on Twitter.
*Disney Magic Weekday Tickets are valid for one theme park per day. Proof of Florida residency required. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date are required for guests ages 3 and up. As a reminder, reservations are required with admission for each day of your visit. Reservations are limited and subject to availability.
**Subject to the following blockout dates: March 13-17, 2023, April 3-7, 2023 and April 10-14, 2023.
***For early theme park entry, you’ll need valid admission, a park reservation and Resort ID.
The “Florida Resident” has sustained Disney when times were tough- by purchasing annual passes EVERY YEAR at a reasonable cost. We were truly “old faithful.“ Now we have been kicked to the curb in the name of the “All Mighty Dollar.” Unless Disney brings back annual passes at a reasonable rate, we all will continue to boycott Disney. It’s such a shame. Even my kids agree.
How about selling annual passes again?!?
Cool, how about something like this (or annual passes) for DVC members?