Did you know that you can river cruise with the storytellers at National Geographic?
Just imagine taking travel photos alongside an accomplished photographer and learning about the places visited from an author or geographer who has strong ties to National Geographic. That’s the level of knowledge you’ll find on a National Geographic Expeditions river cruise voyage. And today, I’m thrilled to share that you can experience all this and more in 2024, as we just announced new travel dates!
In collaboration with AmaWaterways, three National Geographic Expeditions-chartered departures will offer an in-depth exploration through Europe’s historic waterways, all with the ease and leisure of luxury river cruising.
Announcing 2024 River Cruises
- Holland and Belgium in Springtime by River Cruise (April 15): This art, floral and architecture-focused departure sends travelers on a journey through the iconic waterways of Belgium and the Netherlands, with stops at the famous windmills of Kinderdijk, a Floralia flower show at a historic Belgian castle and the world’s largest collection of works by Vincent van Gogh.
- Rhine River Cruise: Basel to Amsterdam (Sept. 12): Offering bike rides, walking excursions and even tasting tours, this itinerary explores the romance and timelessness of the Netherlands, Germany, France and Switzerland. Wine enthusiasts will enjoy a taste of Germany’s Rheingau wine region, and photographers will learn from the National Geographic Photography Expert during a special on-deck photo workshop to capture images of the scenic Rhine Gorge.
- Danube Christmas Markets River Cruise (Dec. 7): This sailing invites cruise passengers to explore charming Christmas markets from Budapest to Nuremberg. Travelers will also discover lesser-known holiday marketplaces within Vienna and Salzburg and visit Vienna’s Museum of Natural History. There, visitors will meet with National Geographic Explorer Ludovic Ferriere for a behind-the-scenes look at the meteorite exhibit he curated.
But in addition to announcing the full river cruise lineup, National Geographic Expeditions also launched the first wave of 2024 departure dates in its Signature Land category and announced its lineup for 2024 Private Expeditions.
Here’s a look at the latest list of 2024 travel dates!
New Travel Dates in 2024: Signature Land
Offering endless opportunities to explore the world, National Geographic Expeditions Signature Land trips provide premium, fully planned itineraries that give travelers special access to extraordinary places around the globe, paired with unique opportunities to experience a destination through the eyes of the storytellers from National Geographic.
The early 2024 Signature Land lineup will span North America, Africa, Asia and Oceania, and will feature a blend of tried-and-true traveler favorites and recently debuted itineraries with strong National Geographic connections, including:
- Inside Japan
- Costa Rica: Wildlife and Conservation
- Borneo Wildlife Adventure
- Palau: Snorkeling and Kayaking the Pristine Seas
The latest Signature Land departure dates are available on the Signature Land page of NatGeoExpeditions.com.
Announcing 2024 Private Expeditions
Private Expeditions are unique itineraries designed for 1 to 10 travelers in their own private party. These trips are hosted by a private guide, and offer more flexibility in travel dates and feature premium accommodations. Talk about traveling your way!
In 2024, 27 Private Expeditions are offered, including:
- Belize and Tikal Private Expedition
- Arches, Canyonlands, and Mesa Verde National Parks Private Expedition
- Australia Private Expedition
- Greek Isles Private Expedition
- Sicily Private Expedition
All 2024 Private Expeditions are listed on the Private Expeditions page of NatGeoExpeditions.
Ready to travel in 2024? Visit NatGeoExpeditions.com, call 888-732-2379 or contact your travel agent.