When you sail with Disney Cruise Line, there are not only incredible ports of call around the world for your family to experience, but there are also many home ports that are top vacation destinations! Miami is one of the leaders on that list, and your family can not only take a cruise from South Florida on either the Disney Dream or Disney Magic this year, but you can also extend your vacation before (or after) to experience all this vibrant city has to offer.
Whether you love to indulge in culinary delights or tend to venture outdoors, below are ways everyone in your family can make the most of their time on board and on land with a cruise from South Florida!
1. For the Foodie: Miami is a foodie’s dream, with many areas dedicated to all things delicious! Stop by Little Havana or Ocean Drive for authentic Cuban fare or fresh, vibrant seafood. Once you board the ship, prepare your tastebuds for themed family dining, 24-hour room service and of course – ice cream! And whether you’re on the Disney Dream or Disney Magic, you can dine at Palo for an adults-only, elevated dining experience featuring northern Italian cuisine.
2. For the Sports Buff: Miami is home to an impressive roster of iconic sports teams, including the Miami Heat, Miami Dolphins, Miami Marlins and more. No matter what time of year you are sailing from South Florida, chances are you can catch a game with the family while you are in town! Once on board, be sure to show off your own athletic skills on Goofy’s Sports Deck (Disney Dream) or Wide World of Sports (Disney Magic), where you’ll find a basketball court, foosball and more; get in a workout in at the Senses Fitness Center or on the running deck; or even watch a game live with friends and family.
3. For the Beach Bum: Miami provides several sun-soaked beaches, such as South Beach and the Miami Beach Boardwalk, where you can lounge the day away. The fun in the sun certainly doesn’t end with Disney Cruise Line. In addition to many pools and water features on the ships, voyages from this home port make stops in sun-drenched ports throughout the Caribbean and Bahamas, and all sailings from Miami visit Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island oasis.
4. For the Art Lover: If you’re a lover of the arts, Miami is the perfect fit for you! The city boasts a unique Art Deco Museum and the Bass Museum of Contemporary Art, as well as the Wynwood Art District. You can continue this artistic adventure on board with participation in animation classes, or enjoy the arts in a different way by watching one of the Broadway-style shows offered.
5. For the Shopping Enthusiast: For those who love to shop ‘till you drop, Miami offers phenomenal shopping districts, including Lincoln Road Mall and Coconut Grove, to name a few. When you step on board, several retail shops are available, so whether you are looking for classic Disney Cruise Line merchandise or a special item to remember your trip by, there is a souvenir for everyone.
Whether you relate with one of these categories or all five, these are just a few of the reasons to sail from Miami! Bon voyage!
How much is a Disney Cruise for 6
I would like info about Disney Cruises