Changes are in full swing at Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort as the area transforms into Disney Springs – the largest expansion in Downtown Disney history. If you’re visiting, we’re sharing our best tips and information to improve your experience.
Downtown Disney Parking Options
We’ve added additional parking options that will come in handy most evenings, weekends and holidays – you can follow the signs to plentiful parking in the Team Disney and Casting Building lots across the street from Downtown Disney (see our helpful map below).
Top Downtown Disney Parking Tips
- For a more leisurely experience, arrive earlier in the day.
Downtown Disney Marketplace retail locations, including World of Disney, open daily at 10 a.m. Some venues such as STARBUCKS® at Downtown Disney Marketplace and Earl of Sandwich open by 8:30 a.m. for breakfast.
- How much time should I allow for travel to Downtown Disney?
If you have a reservation for dining or entertainment at Downtown Disney, we recommend that you arrive early — at least 60 minutes prior to your reservation or show time.
- Is it better to take Disney transportation or drive?
If you’re staying in a Disney Resort, we suggest taking Disney transportation due to limited parking. If you drive, we encourage you to follow signs to available parking lots, including those at the Casting and Team Disney buildings, which are located across the street.
- Should I wait to go to Downtown Disney until Disney Springs is open?
No, throughout the expansion, you can continue to enjoy over 70 themed and immersive shopping, dining and entertainment venues filled with amazing ways to delight, both day and night.
- Where should I park at Downtown Disney?
Follow the signs to available parking. After 5 p.m. and on weekends, we encourage you to park in adjacent lots across the street from Downtown Disney. These lots are located at Team Disney and Casting and going there first will save you time!
Disney Springs Expansion
The Disney Springs expansion includes widening Lake Buena Vista Drive from seven to 10 lanes and constructing two multilevel garages (the first of which, pictured below, is set to open by late 2014 to offer 4,000 parking spaces). Two pedestrian bridges are also planned that will help lead guests into Disney Springs near the Marketplace and the West Side. Read more in this post.
Downtown Disney News
- Announcing Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort
- VIDEO – Tour the Marketplace Co-Op in Downtown Disney Marketplace at Walt Disney World Resort
- New Food Trucks Set to Roll into Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort
- Walt Disney World Event Snapshot – August 2014
- Soccer Scores the Spotlight at United World Soccer at Downtown Disney West Side
- Coffee, Shopping & More – Check Out the Newest Reasons to Visit Downtown Disney
- Showing My Disney Side Using Rapid Printing Technology at D-Tech on Demand in Marketplace Co-Op