Disney's Electrical Parade

Valentine’s Day Horticulture

posted on February 11th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Pink Hearts at Minnie Mouse's House

Red and pink hearts are popping up everywhere for Valentine’s Day – they’re even at Disneyland park.

The Horticulture team at the Disneyland Resort is dressing up floral displays—including pink and red azaleas—with Valentine’s Day hearts, like the display shown here at Minnie’s House in Mickey’s Toontown. You can also see the Horticulture team’s creations at Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A.

If you’re not visiting the parks this week, I’ve heard the horticulture team is planning some other fun surprises for St. Patrick’s Day in March and Independence Day in July.

Even if you’re not visiting on a holiday, take a closer look at the plants and flowers around the Resort. You just might be surprised by what you find.

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Lorena from CA on February 11th, 2010 at 4:29 pm

I’m so excited to see this, When me and my husband go!

Beth on February 11th, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Wow!! That looks so wonderful. As a fellow Horticuturist; not working at the moment, I have always adored the imagination that the Horticulturists at the Disney parks put into their creations. Sometimes I like to just go to the Disneyland in Anaheim to look at the landscaping. Makes me happy to see how gorgeous everything always looks.

Karla on February 11th, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Yes, You guys are amazing!. You take care of every single detail. I guess one day we will see Mickey ears flowers growing in your gardens! wish to be there for Valentine’s. Regards from Costa Rica

Mary on February 11th, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Mary from Santa Barbara, CA
My husband Pete works in horticulture and he said that when he retires his dream would be to work at the Disneyland Resort.
We will be there in March and we are looking forward to enjoying the landscaping at the resort we really appreciate all the hard work the cast members do to keep the Resort so beautiful and to see the georgous decor for St Patricks Day we cant wait…Thanks for sharing this picture.

hope on February 11th, 2010 at 8:36 pm

I was at Disneyland on Feb 11 and I saw the beautiful tulips surrounding the statue of Disney and Mickey. I am looking forward to seeing the flowers for March. What a refreshing bit of spring to see on a cloudy Day!!

Vanessa from CA on February 11th, 2010 at 9:00 pm

When is Captain EO opening. I saw that it was suppose to open in Feb. I’m planning to visit Disneyland Feb 19 only if it is open. Will it be open by then?

Pamela on February 11th, 2010 at 11:51 pm

We were at Disneyland this past Friday for my daughter’s birthday and I noticed the beautiful heart display at Town Square on Main Street. Even though it was getting dark and pouring rain I took a photo of it. I’m always taking pictures of the beautiful landscaping at the park. The horticulturist do a spectacular job!!! Thanks for all the hard work and great imaginations. It is always appreciated. Can’t wait to go in March to see what’s next. :o)

Fred from CA on February 12th, 2010 at 2:32 am

I saw the ones at Town Square. They look very nice!

ernest from CA on February 12th, 2010 at 1:06 pm

This will be our first time on Valentines Day, we are premiere annual pass holders.

Ewi on February 28th, 2010 at 2:46 am