Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Ghost at Piano Scene

What is Vinylmation, Jr.?

posted on March 17th, 2010 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

What is Vinylmation, Jr.?
One day last summer, Donald Ferro, developer for Vinylmation, asked me, “What is Vinylmation, Jr.?”

I responded, “I don’t know. What is Vinylmation, Jr.?”

He didn’t answer.

A few months later while working in the Disney Trading areas at the D23 Expo in Anaheim, he asked me again.

“I’m still not sure Donald,” I responded. “What is Vinylmation, Jr.?”

No response, just a smile. What was he planning? I felt like I needed some super secret clearance to discover the truth. Apparently, I wasn’t the only one he asked. I’ve seen the Vinylmation fan community buzzing with speculation about the answer to this question.

Well, I have good news … sort of. It will be good news for those fans who like solving a mystery. In honor of the opening of D-Street at the Downtown Disney West Side, we are launching a “What is Vinylmation, Jr.?” quest on Friday, March 19, 2010.
What is Vinylmation, Jr.?
Visit www.Vinylmation.com and click on the “What is Vinylmation, Jr.?” banner (pictured above). This banner will be your gateway to unraveling the mystery of Vinylmation, Jr.

By the way, Donald finally told me the secret, and can’t wait for you to discover it too.

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort

chris on March 17th, 2010 at 12:18 pm

there is no “what is vinylmation jr” banner on the site… ive clicked every option on the site and just cant find anything.

Jermaine from CA on March 17th, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Can’t find that link anywhere on the site.. HELP!!

Steven Miller on March 17th, 2010 at 12:42 pm

The Quest launches on Friday, March 19. At that time, the banner pictured above will appear. Hope this helps.

Tracey from CT on March 17th, 2010 at 12:41 pm

You’ll need to go to the website on March 19th – which is when it is launched. :)

David on March 17th, 2010 at 12:56 pm

I am leaving today, and I will be in WDW on Friday, with no access to a computer…

Steven Miller on March 17th, 2010 at 1:43 pm

I have good news for those looking for the banner / Vinylmation, Jr. page … due to popular demand, we are posting the page on http://www.Vinylmation.com today.

But you will have to return on Friday, March 19 (like Tracey mentioned) to start the Quest.

chris on March 17th, 2010 at 2:22 pm

thanks for the reply steven – i thought i was delirious or something. LOL!

Jamal on March 18th, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Will there be anything about this in walt disney world tommorow because I am leaving tommorow morning for the pin trading activity. I live in RI. If not, ill probably find out when I get there thanks

Steven Miller on March 18th, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Jamal – We are posting additional information tomorrow morning on http://www.Vinylmation.com. Should be posted sometime after 8:30 a.m. EST. I’m unsure what time you are leaving Rhode Island. Hope to see you at Disney Trading Night (please say “Hello” when you get there).

Jamal on March 18th, 2010 at 8:52 pm

Steven, we will be in Orlando by 12:15 so we have the entire day. At the pin trading activities, are there only pin trading or will there be previewing of pins and vinlmation. Is there anything else offered?

Steven Miller on March 19th, 2010 at 10:44 am

Tonight’s Disney Trading Night will be held from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the Ballroom of the Americas at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. There are lots of Guests who will be trading pins with each other in a well-lit room with tables and chairs. It’s a free activity so all are welcome.

We are also releasing a limited edition 500 pin designed especially for Trading Night tonight. See: http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=50047

There will be a sneak preview of upcoming pins and Vinylmation. We will also have some Vinylmation trading for a little while.

And there are always surprises. But that would be telling. :-)

cristo on March 19th, 2010 at 2:29 pm

hey steven its abel from CA so First of all we cant do the hunt here so i took a day off work to be ready to go to the park and to find out today that it was only for Orlando only next time can you try to put where or only for that park that would help out alot. and two other things will we be getting any qust here in disneyland? and when will the muppets be coming out here at disneyland?

Steven Miller on March 19th, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Abel,
Aloha! This quest was created in honor of the opening of D-Street in Florida. When D-Street in California opened last December, we premiered some things there first (which later came to Florida). So I can say that the final, final answer to “What is Vinylmation, Jr.?” will be answered in Florida first when D-Street opens. I apologize for any confusion.

Please don’t worry Vinylmation fans on the West Coast. We have ideas for future quests that will be unique to the West Coast. It still doesn’t mean you shouldn’t keep watching the “What is Vinylmation, Jr.” page. :-)

And hot off the press (literally), Vinylmation Muppets #1 will be released at D-Street in California on Friday, March 26, 2010. Limited quantities will be released on that date as it is the first shipment to arrive.

cristo on March 19th, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Hey thanks Steven for the explanation now. I cant wait tell Friday. but next time can you please say something like “only for orlando” it would help out not asking for so much time off work.

Cynthia on March 20th, 2010 at 4:27 am

We need more West Coast Vinylmation artists. Orlando has a TON and DLR only has Noah and SHAG!

Matthew from FL on March 20th, 2010 at 10:04 am

Hey Steve!

Has D-Street Officially opened yet? The last date I had heard was April 1st or 2nd. Also, is D-Street where guests can redeem their “What is Vinylmation Jr.” Quest answers, because the Art of Disney at Downtown Disney doesn’t know what Vinylmation Jr. is. :-P Thanks for you help and answers!! :-D