Disneyland Paris, Phantom Manor

Video from Blue Carpet and World Premiere of ‘World of Color’

posted on June 11th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

It was an incredible night. “World of Color” was beautiful, and we heard many amazed and delighted gasps from the crowd. Celebrities at the blue carpet premiere included Teri Hatcher, Geena Davis, John Stamos and Jamie Lee Curtis.

This video recaps the events from yesterday, including the blue carpet, opening ceremony and even gives a brief glimpse of the show.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Joshua on June 11th, 2010 at 11:45 am

I watched the live stream of the premiere online and I feel that this show will make Disney California Adventure the park it was meant to be.

Luke from CA on June 11th, 2010 at 11:47 am

Is this show going to be running all year round, or just the summer?

Malc from CA on June 11th, 2010 at 11:53 am

OK, my family and I were just there a few weeks ago, but we HAVE to come back in the SUMMER to see this!!!!!! Just the short video alone was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G ! ! !

Jennifer on June 11th, 2010 at 11:58 am

Thank you for sharing that. It looks like a really great show!

pam on June 11th, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Disney,
Thank you, Thank you,Thank you for letting us be part of the Magic of the World Premiere of World of Color through the live webcast. My family can’t wait to get to the park to see it.

Lisa from NV on June 11th, 2010 at 12:18 pm

We got to see it Sunday for the Cast Preview and it was just incrediable! I cried the entire show and teared up just watching the clips. It is truly an amazing show and I agree with Joshua this is what DCA was ment to be. It was just amazing and the music for it was so beautiful! PS the show is about 30 minutes long! Well worth all the waiting!!!

Joey on June 11th, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Enjoyed last night’s stream. Will that World of Color remix by Pogo played before the show began be uploaded as well?

Irene on June 11th, 2010 at 12:28 pm

I can’t wait to see this! I am glad that California Adventure is turning more towards the Disney Theme. I love Pixar and what could be a more better combination! NOW…if they would just change that annoying California music to PIXAR movie music in this park it would be an awesome top off!

Peter Tsz Leung from ON on June 11th, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Everyone look like they had fun …. and look like they just came out of Splash Mountain got soaked on the front row seat LOL!!

Lyssa from CA on June 11th, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Greetings Fellow Disney Fanatics !!!
My family and I watched last year as Disney was working on this. We have pictures from it as well, all the work that went into putting this AWESOME show together! We had a tragic event in our family this year, so one member of our family won’t be there to enjoy this with us, but we are going here soon to go and see this spectacler event !! WE LOVE DISNEY .. Now and Forever !!

Jason on June 11th, 2010 at 12:55 pm

The California music is fine, it IS California Adventure.

I wonder if CA’s attendance will actually top DL’s this weekend :)

chris from CA on June 11th, 2010 at 1:08 pm

last nite was incredible…thanks again to heather and the rest of the gang for giving us the oppurtunity to be there!!! and thanks for not having us up front…those people were literally drenched lol!

Fred from CA on June 11th, 2010 at 1:38 pm

I had a great time last night, I loved the opening ceremony, and I really enjoyed the show, I’m looking forward to seeing it again because there was so much to take in.

Finally California Adventure has a nighttime spectacular of its very own!

Hermilia on June 11th, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Oh my god, I cried just looking @ the video!! Can’t wait to go tonight to see the show!! I heart Disney and California!! :)

Mike from CA on June 11th, 2010 at 2:20 pm

I ordered our picnic dinners last night and will be seeing the show Monday evening. We can’t wait.

Chris on June 11th, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Thanks for that video. I couldn’t get the live feed to work for me last night, and I wanted to see the celebrities and hear the interviews and stuff. I would have shut it down anyway at showtime, though, because I’m going tonight and don’t want to spoil the show. I’m so excited!

PS. I never realized before that the lights on the Fun Wheel are synced up to the show too. = ) Nice touch!

Lizzy on June 11th, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Oh my god I wanna cry! Wish I could have been there looks so amazing from just the clip! :D

Sheila from CA on June 11th, 2010 at 3:30 pm

I wasn’t able to find the link to watch it last night, is there a link that I can watch it now?

Gabriela on June 11th, 2010 at 5:31 pm

I LOVE LOVE it can’t wait:)

julie on June 11th, 2010 at 7:35 pm

I WAS THERE OMG IT WAS SO AMAZING I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW AMAZING IT WAS WE WERE IN THE SPLASH ZONE AND CAME OUT SOAKING WET THE FOUNTAIN HIT US FROM ALL DIRECTIONS BUT OMG!!! THIS SO WAS AMAZING ONLY DISNEY CAN CREATE SOMETHING SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Ronny from CA on June 11th, 2010 at 11:02 pm

My niece and cousin was at the premiere she was txtn me sooooo much!!! I wish i was there bcuz it looked so awesum on the video they took!!!!!!!!

Angel from AZ on June 12th, 2010 at 2:29 am

I’m truly excited to go and experience this mind blowing show with my family. This probably would have to be the best graduation gift ever. I’M VERY EXCITED TO SEE THIS!!!

Sam on June 17th, 2010 at 2:35 am

When I saw this show, I had the misfortune of being next to a group of loud, obnoxious teens. And it was obvious to me that their intent was to be as annoying as possible throughout the show.
When the lights went down, true to form, they started their game plan of trying to ruin everyone’s experience of this show. But 20 seconds in, it was apparent they were seeing something that was remarkable and (possibly) never seen on the planet before…so they shut up. And for the next 27 minutes I didn’t hear a word from them. That more than anything else is an indication of how good this show is.