Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

First Look at ElecTRONica

posted on September 1st, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

ElecTRONica Concept Art

As they say in the digital world of TRON, “Greetings, Programs!” Today, we’re sharing concept art that gives you a first look at the new party we’re calling ElecTRONica. I’m told it’s the greatest nighttime dance party to ever rock Disney California Adventure park.

Beginning October 8, the interactive, digital world of “TRON: Legacy” will light up Hollywood Pictures Backlot as we gear up for the film’s release on December 17. This will be a cool opportunity to peek inside the world of this movie, and it’s available only to visitors of Disney California Adventure park.

ElecTRONica Concept Art

It’s an “electrifying” experience for the entire family, filled with music, lights and some of your favorite food and beverage, all set amidst the captivating world of “TRON: Legacy!” From a dazzling dance club under the stars to an authentic recreation of Flynn’s Arcade to some radical gaming, it’s like nowhere else on the grid! Each night, we’ll feature live entertainers, complete with lasers, glow accessories and the hottest music ever to rock the grid. ElecTRONica is “the” place to dance the night away in a fantastic world that only Disney can create. Highlights for the entire family will definitely be Flynn’s Video Arcade, face painting and the TRON: Evolution video game area.

ElecTRONica will transform Disney California Adventure park Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays this Fall. TRON fans and families can also enjoy the party seven days a week during Thanksgiving week and Christmas week.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog, as we’ll be sharing additional details soon, and if you want to stay up-to-date with the latest happenings on ElecTRONica, follow us on Twitter, @Disneyland.

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Fred from CA on September 1st, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Looks pretty cool!

Jason on September 1st, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Amazing! I’m glad the wonderful Glow Fest inspired ElecTRONica, and hope Glow Fest will return as a regular summer event. Will the ‘End of the Line’ club be there? Now if Disney only could get Daft Punk to play there one night :) Totally looking forward to ElecTRONica!

Paul from MO on September 1st, 2010 at 1:48 pm

:-( We leave the Disneyland Resort on the afternoon of the 8th. Any chance they will be running a preview of the event on the 7th???

kat on September 1st, 2010 at 2:03 pm

ohhhhh feels like a meet up!

Diane from BC on September 1st, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Can’t wait to see this…we are there from the 11th to 19th…

Peter on September 1st, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Such awesome news, I can’t wait! My brother and I who are both AP holders, love Tron and are very much looking forward to the new Tron: Legacy movie coming out on Dec 17th (2 days before my bday!) and this announcement just adds to our excitement because now we’ll get to visit Flynn’s Arcade! We are both big fans of classic games 80′s arcade games which I imagine will be inside Flynn’s Arcade. Looking forward to the experience!

Harmony on September 1st, 2010 at 2:23 pm

I really liked Glow Fest. This looks cool, but out of place. Hope Glow Fest comes back in the future.

Tania on September 1st, 2010 at 2:25 pm

@ Paul from MO

My daughter was there last night and they have started the dancing part at Calif. Adventure…so u have hope on your side for the 7th…have fun =-)

Luke from CA on September 1st, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Such awesome news. I hope it’s the same Flynns Arcade that they let people go to at Comic-Con these last two years. Complete with the secret room in the back and the full-size lightcycle! I say drop Glow Fest entirely and just do this every year!

Nancy on September 1st, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Fantastic!!!!! I am so glad to see this area of the park put to use. It has been “dead space” for so long. When you walk through this area at night to visit the Tower of T, there’s usually nothing going on. Heather – is there any chance this will continue past the holidays if it is a success?

Ed from AL on September 1st, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Albert from CA on September 1st, 2010 at 3:22 pm

This is gonna be great! Glow Fest looked so tacky. I’m glad WDI were given control again. I’m guessing the Trolley tracks at the end of the lot will be done in time? Can’t wait to stop by one a free day in Oct to check it out!

Debbie on September 1st, 2010 at 3:27 pm

So excited to see this, we will be visiting Nov 12th.

Alonso on September 1st, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Glow Fest was very fun, but this takes it to the next level.. It looks incredible!

I cannot wait for this – I know where i’ll be spending my evenings at the Disneyland Resort this fall!

Emmanuel on September 1st, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Can’t wait. My cousins are coming on October 10. We are so gonna be there. Will the usual shows like World of Color will still be there or add new stuff to the show during ElecTRONica?

Suzanne on September 1st, 2010 at 5:40 pm

So glad to hear you’re continue with the GlowFest vibe and doing another dance party. Can’t wait to go with the kids.
Suz B.

Jason on September 1st, 2010 at 6:01 pm

I’m so there! Well not so much for the dance stuff. Us people with MS don’t move that well hehe but I’m a huge Tron fan so hopefully they’ll have lots of cool Tron merch (shirts etc).

Thor from CA on September 1st, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Disneyland sure knows how to party and keep us locals coming back for more!!!

I will miss Glow Fest a lot, but ElecTRONica looks fun. Let’s hope they can keep that awesome Glow Fest vibe going through Christmas with this new street party. Just one question… What kind of signature cocktails will they be serving here? Tron inspired cocktails, or the same flashy ones they served at Glow Fest?

Michael from CA on September 1st, 2010 at 6:08 pm

I’m anxious to see all this new Tron tie-in stuff now!!! Disneyland didn’t do much for the original release other than a tiny section to the People Mover. This is going to be great!!

Travis from NH on September 1st, 2010 at 6:31 pm

This looks absolutely incredible! TRON is amazing, and Glow Fest looked amazing… combining the concepts is pure genius. I can’t wait to get into the game grid this November – my 3rd trip to Disneyland.

Travis
Club D23

End of line.

Stephen on September 1st, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Hi Heather. Definitely the “Wow Factor”. Looking forward to this and the movie. Thanks for the post!

Jesse from CA on September 1st, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Awesome!!!!!! Big fan of Tron, now Disney needs to get DAFT PUNK to make an appearance!

Josh on September 1st, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Wow! I can’t wait till my next trip back in November and get to experience this! Emma and I had a blast at Glow Fest after the World of Color meet up, so I am sure this will not disappoint!

Amanda on September 1st, 2010 at 7:48 pm

How exciting! I was sad to see Glow Fest go, but this looks even better! And it opens just one day before my next planned trip! Can’t wait!

Anonymous on September 1st, 2010 at 7:56 pm

What about also bringing back the Tron experience with the People Mover at Disneyland? These tracks have been standing unused for so long :(

Randall from CA on September 1st, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Don’t forget to bring your ENCOM Employee ID Badges!

Natasha on September 1st, 2010 at 10:29 pm

ooh gooshi! lol it would start on my birthday when i want to see world of color, otherwise it looks pretty awesome ;)

Francisco on September 2nd, 2010 at 2:55 am

“As a Walt Disney World guest, I must say that I’m jealous. That looks incredible!”

Oh, hush, you guys get so much more on the East Coast.

juan from CA on September 2nd, 2010 at 6:21 am

WOW that looks so cool, cant wait till it opens. We’ll be there in november for my daughters b-day.
Does anyone Know when they will be taping the Disneyland Christmas Parade 2010 this year, would really like to go if i only knew the dates…. ANYONE PLEASE?? also is it just the regular ticket to go in and watch the parade or is it a special event ticket?

Stefanie from CA on September 2nd, 2010 at 9:08 am

So, is this basically Glow Fest themed to Tron?

cliff on September 2nd, 2010 at 10:36 am

Looks great!!! I LOVED Glow Fest at night but I really didn’t like all the tacky decor completely covering Hollywood backlot during the day.

Maryanne from NV on September 2nd, 2010 at 10:39 am

Is there anything going on at Disney World for TRON’s release?

Ismael from CA on September 2nd, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Looks great, can’t wait to see how all the lighting works out.

Fred from CA on September 2nd, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Juan–While they are filming for the Christmas Day parade, guests are free to watch it, no special tickets are required. I don’t know the dates though, sorry.

Teresa on September 2nd, 2010 at 1:45 pm

After ElecTRONica is over, please, please, PLEASE move Flynn’s Arcade over to the Starcade in Tomorrowland! (Using both levels.) It would be SO perfect there! Bottom level could be classic Flynn’s, and the top could be all decked out in neon with all the latest technology in games, and maybe even a snack bar. (Pardon my “armchair Imagineering” here, but the concept really excites me.)

Adam from PA on September 3rd, 2010 at 12:37 am

Very cool

Andrew on September 3rd, 2010 at 1:58 am

WILL DAFT PUNK MAKE ANY APPEARANCES!?!?
Let the public know asap to make arrangements please.
Ande in Seattle

Lindsay on September 4th, 2010 at 2:39 pm

I’m one of the few people who really detests Glowfest. It’s very tacky looking, especially during the day, and the whole clubbing atmosphere just doesn’t fit with Disneyland. I really don’t like it at all. This new TRON thing looks really cool though. I think having an actual movie theme is a really good idea. Plus, TRON is awesome!! I think you guys should keep this and not have the Glowfest back! I literally avoid CA Adventure at night because of it.

janet from CA on September 6th, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Will this stay only during the fall or will you be keeping it longer?

Daniel Alonzo on September 6th, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Is this only a one time thing or will it happen every year like the Nightmare Before Christmas at the Haunted Mansion?

*crosses fingers* Please let it be every year. I don’t want to miss it.

Miranda from FL on September 6th, 2010 at 10:58 pm

The first picture reminds me of a place on vmk but more high tech and more like tron. it looks cool. too bad they don’t do it for WDW.

Emily from ON on September 10th, 2010 at 11:29 pm

Oh yes oh yes oh yes. Even though I’m not going to be able to visit (I go to WDW for my birthday, not DL), just the fact that it’s HAPPENING excites me and my nerdy love of Tron so!

Please post a video when it’s all set up!

aramis from CA on September 12th, 2010 at 3:22 am

Heather will they be hiring dancers for elecRTONica, i would love to be one. Like the ones DCA had for Glowfest.

Sean from AZ on September 24th, 2010 at 2:28 am

So, it’s a club? Can I bring kids to this?/Should I bring kids to this?

Stephen on September 28th, 2010 at 4:12 am

Please add some Friday nights!

Stephen on September 28th, 2010 at 4:14 am

Kids had a great time at Glowfest – complete with hool-a-hoops

Krysten on September 28th, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Is there any truth to the rumor about Daft Punk performing on Oct 8th?! Please please please let us know Heather! I will love you forever! :)

amber on September 29th, 2010 at 7:28 pm

I really hope they play REAL electronica music and don’t disney-it-up like they did with glow!

Nathan on September 29th, 2010 at 9:03 pm

So going to this on the 8th

Anonymous on September 29th, 2010 at 9:06 pm

WOW this looks amazing! It will truly be a memorable experience if Daft Punk plays there…crossing my fingers.