The American Idol Experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios

New Cavalcade Coming to Mickey’s Halloween Party

posted on September 16th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Mickey’s Costume Party has been added as a fun, new exclusive experience at Mickey’s Halloween Party, the special, nighttime event at Disneyland park on Halloween night and Tuesdays and Fridays in October.

Mickey’s Costume Party is a new cavalcade featuring Disney characters and floats parading down Main Street, U.S.A. Today we’re giving you a first look at artwork for the opening of the cavalcade.
Mickey’s Costume Party Artwork
There are lots of treats in this cavalcade you won’t want to miss. Here are some highlights:

• Disney Characters will be dressed in their favorite Halloween costumes.
  • There’s a purple Haunted Castle Float decorated by Mickey with bats, ghosts, spider webs, pumpkins and skulls.
  • The Costume Shop Float celebrates the fun of dressing up for Halloween.

I’ve also heard that the upbeat, spooky music will have you dancing, jumping, shaking and maybe even howling along as we celebrate the magic of make-believe and spooky Halloween fun.

Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party are now available and can be purchased at Disneyland.com/Halloween. Here’s an insider’s tip: if you purchase tickets in advance, you’ll get a great discount on select nights. There’s also a discount for annual passholders on select nights.

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Ashley on September 16th, 2010 at 3:19 pm

So is this a parade or floats that are placed in Main Street with the characters placed on them?

Heather Hust Rivera on September 16th, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Mickey’s Costume Party will travel the parade route.

Keith from NV on September 16th, 2010 at 3:42 pm

What time will the cavalcade be running on Oct 8?

Heather Hust Rivera on September 16th, 2010 at 3:55 pm

It will be performed twice nightly. The cavalcade is scheduled for 8:15 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. on Tuesdays, and 8:15 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. on Fridays and Halloween.

Roger on September 16th, 2010 at 4:30 pm

I’m excited about this!! Can’t wait to see it!!

Lisa from OR on September 16th, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Thanks for the times Heather! Any idea what time the fireworks will be during the party?

Heather Hust Rivera on September 16th, 2010 at 5:04 pm

Hi Lisa. Halloween Screams is planned for 9:30 p.m on Mickey’s Halloween Party nights. You may want to check disneyland.com when you get closer to your visit to confirm that time.

Janine on September 16th, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Is there any list yet of the treats that will be handed out or the rides that will be open?

Heather Hust Rivera on September 17th, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Janine, there will be a mix of chocolates and healthy treats available. Examples of healthy treats include apple slices, carrots, raisins and dried fruit crisps. Most attractions are scheduled to be open during Mickey’s Halloween Party, except Mickey’s Toontown will close at 6 p.m. on Tuesdays and 7 p.m. on Fridays and Halloween night.

Diane from BC on September 16th, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Thank you Heather for this info…I’m so excited..and my girls can’t wait to be there…only 3 weeks….

Christina from CA on September 16th, 2010 at 6:44 pm

How are they going to let us in at 3pm and close for everyone else at 6pm?… I don’t understand how they are going to get them out and leave us in…

Sarah on September 16th, 2010 at 7:35 pm

We’re beyond excited for Mickey’s Halloween Party! Thanks for the great blog entries, Heather, all these fun details are getting us even more pumped for what we’re sure we’ll be an incredible night! By the way, this will be our very first visit as a family. Keeping our fingers crossed that The Headless Horseman will be leading the cavalcade!

Jean from GA on September 16th, 2010 at 7:52 pm

The party sounds extra cool, and this should really add to the fun. I am extremely disappointed that the Halloween Screams show is being offered only to guests paying extra money to attend the party. It’s really a neat presentation, and many people will miss out. I am a huge Disney fan, and this is a major let down.

Alan on September 16th, 2010 at 8:26 pm

I agree with the last post. Why offer Halloween Screams to only those paying extra?
Isn’t this just adding more block time for paying AP holders?

G on September 16th, 2010 at 9:07 pm

Hi Heather! All this great info is really getting everyone in the Halloween party spirit! Can you (or anyone who knows) please confirm if parking is also included with party admission like it has been in years past? Thanks so much!

Heather Hust Rivera on September 17th, 2010 at 11:50 am

Yes, parking is included.

Martha on September 16th, 2010 at 9:29 pm

We are going to Disneyland the last part of September. Do we have to pay sepretly for Mickey Halloween party?

Heather Hust Rivera on September 17th, 2010 at 11:54 am

Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort starts today, September 17, and is included in the price of admission to Disneyland park. Mickey’s Halloween Party is a nighttime event on select nights in October. This older post should help clarify: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/09/boo-hard-to-believe-but-its-almost-halloween-time-again-at-disneyland-resort/

Martha on September 16th, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Ok When do they start doing Halloween celibration? Is the park closed at night and just open to people who pay for Halloween fun?

Christian on September 16th, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Hey Heather,I was wondering. Is it going to be like the cavalcade from DCA where it’s just one main float and about 4 human powered floats or is it going to be similar to the Boo to you parade at the Magic KIngdom. Please let me know.

Melinda from CA on September 16th, 2010 at 11:17 pm

We are so excited! We brought my son for his 5th birthday and 1st visit in October of ’08 while it was being celebrated at D.C.A! HE LOVED IT! Last yr my Husband and I came for our December anniversary and enjoyed the holidays! This year we’re coming back in late October for my son’s 7th Birthday and we’re ecstatic that so many changes have occured in 2 short yrs! With Mickey’s party taking place in Disneyland, Space Mountain adds it’s Ghost Galaxy, and this year we get to enjoy Mickey’s Costume Party Calvacade! We’re so happy that we’re privileged to live in California and at least if anything make AMAZING annual trip a year! We simply LOVE Disney! Thanks for the update!

Paul from CA on September 17th, 2010 at 1:16 am

Is the Haunted Castle float, the “Dreams Come True” float from “Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams”?

Giliann on September 17th, 2010 at 12:44 pm

I am very disappointed Disneyland. And in all the people who complained soo much to make the Halloween screams fireworks exclusive. I have been going to Disneyland as long as I can remember and have seen countless number of firework shows, all over the park. From Main Street to in front of Its A Small World, to New Orleans Square. Most recently, I was there last week to see the last showing of Fantasmic at 10:00, my boyfriend and I got there early at 9:00 and we were able to see the Summer Nightastic fireworks just as good as if we were on Main Street. I am lucky enough to be able to afford a premium annual pass, but on principle my family and I are NOT going to pay extra for Mickey’s Halloween Party. We don’t want to partake in anything that comes with the vent, all we wanted was to see the Halloween Screams fireworks. And we will NOT be renewing our passes. There are people who would give anything just to be in Disneyland for one day/night. So it is extremely saddening that Disneyland would allow this to happen.

Guadalupe on September 18th, 2010 at 10:59 pm

I WANTED TO KNOW IF I WOULD HAVE TO BUY MY 2YR OLD A TICKET FOR THE DISNEYLAND HALLOWEEN EVENT OR IS HE FREE?

Danielle on September 19th, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Kids three and under are free for the event as well as tickets to the park.

Rob on September 19th, 2010 at 11:35 pm

Could you tell me how far in advance I should purchase my tickets to the Oct. 29th party or will there be plenty available on the day of? ~ Thanks!

Fred from CA on September 21st, 2010 at 5:14 pm

I have to say that I agree with Giliann;

While I can understand that Disneyland is trying to keep the crowds down, I am still very disappointed that the Halloween Screams fireworks show is not available to general park guests.

Please consider presenting the show to the general public next year.

LORI on September 23rd, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Hi Heather, I’ve seen on this blog and others the same question that you never seem to answer. If you hold an admission ticket the park for the day and not the party, and you are in the park after 6, can you stay? How will Disney folks differentiate from park guests and party guests? You never answer that question.

Sandra from CA on September 24th, 2010 at 11:17 am

@Lori, I have been to two MNSSHP at WDW and if it is done the same way for this party, it may go something like this: Everyone who enters with a MHP ticket will receive a wristband, close to closing time day visitors (7PM on Fridays), those who have a wristband will be instructed to go to a certain location and wait there for a little bit while they clear the park of regular day visitors. Once that’s done, the party begins. If you do not have a wristband, you cannot remain in the park. I have been checked for wristband on both occasions at the WDW parties.

Have to add, looking forward to the party with year in Disneyland!

April on September 30th, 2010 at 3:30 pm

I am going to buy my tickets next week for the party. My son is free due to his age but next year we have to pay. I think it is odd that it is $44 this year for annual passholders and when we went 2 years ago it was $25. I think it is just because it was at California Adventure and not Disneyland itself. I know it is going to be fun and worth it though.

April on September 30th, 2010 at 3:37 pm

To Guadalupe 2 yr olds are free. Over 3 is where you have to pay. I called and made sure of it. You can also dress in costumes but I am pretty sure you might want to make sure it is easy to walk around in and they can see.

Lidia on September 30th, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Exciting! For those of us that have passes and want to spend the full day at Disneyland, what time will the park be closing to let all the Halloween Party ticket holders in?

kendall on September 30th, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Did they move the Mickey’s Trick or Treat party from California Adventure to Disneyland?