Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park

You Decide: Vote to Determine Which Disney Characters Appear at Disneyland Park

posted on January 7th, 2011 by Heather Hust Rivera, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company

Louis Baloo Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar

Do you have a favorite Disney character you have never met?

For the first time ever, we’re giving you a chance to decide which rarely seen Disney characters you want to see in Disneyland park. Starting today, you can cast your vote in polls that can be found only on the Disneyland Facebook page, and those votes will determine which characters appear during our new Character Fan Days Jan. 28 through 30. The Characters Fan Days weekend is one of five, family-fun events coming to Disneyland park Jan. 14 through March 6 as part of “Family Fun Weekends.”

To vote, look for three polls on Facebook spanning three days, Jan. 7 through Jan. 9. Each poll will appear at 2 p.m. PT and will feature different characters – some you see often and some you don’t. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the characters included in the poll: the Seven Dwarfs, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Clarabelle Cow and the Country Bears.

The top two vote-getters from each day’s poll will appear in the Festival Arena in Disneyland park Jan. 28 through 30 during the all-new Character Fan Days (sorry – no write-ins accepted).

On a personal note, there’s a “character” you won’t be seeing around the Disneyland Resort as often – me. Today marks my last day leading social media at the Disneyland Resort and my last post as the primary Disneyland author on the Disney Parks Blog. On Monday, I begin a new role. I’m not going too far, and I’ll still be in touch with you. I’ll be joining the social media team at the main offices of The Walt Disney Company, in Burbank, Ca., and I hope to share all kinds of interesting stories with you from there!

I’ve really enjoyed the five years I’ve spent on the Disneyland Resort Public Relations team, and I’ve had a lot of fun with all of you since we launched the Blog in September, 2009. I know I’ve said this at just about every Disneyland meet-up we’ve held, but my favorite part of the job is reading your comments and meeting you in person. Thank you for your comments, questions, interest and enthusiasm. I even appreciate the corrections when they’re warranted. :)

On Jan. 14, Michele Himmelberg will join the Disney Parks Blog to write about Disneyland Resort. She will share the poll results and details about how to see the winning characters during Character Fan Days.

What are you waiting for? Go cast your vote in our Disney character poll on the Disneyland Facebook page.

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Johnathan on January 7th, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Thanks for your services Heather!

Heather Hust Rivera on January 7th, 2011 at 1:42 pm

It was my pleasure.

Jill on January 7th, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Good luck in your new role! Thank you for the last (almost) year and a half! :)

Heather Hust Rivera on January 7th, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Thanks so much, Jill. It’s been a blast.

Teresa on January 7th, 2011 at 1:18 pm

BALOO

Erin on January 7th, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Thanks, Heather, for all your wonderful posts and updates. Congrats on the job promotion and hope you enjoy your new role. God Bless!

Heather Hust Rivera on January 7th, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Thanks very much, Erin.

Ashley from CA on January 7th, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Clarabelle and Horace! LOVE those two!

tina from CA on January 7th, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Daisy Duck….she is one of my favorites and you NEVER see her…bring her out!!!!!

nicole on January 7th, 2011 at 1:25 pm

the three caballeros!!
:DD

Andrea from CA on January 7th, 2011 at 1:27 pm

This is great! I can’t wait to vote! :)

nicole on January 7th, 2011 at 1:28 pm

the Seven Dwarfs..

Heather Hust Rivera on January 7th, 2011 at 2:30 pm

That’s where my vote is going.

Christopher on January 7th, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Congrats! Have fun!

Heather Hust Rivera on January 7th, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I plan on it, thanks!

Suzanne on January 7th, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Oh I will miss reading your posts and seeing your smiling face at events, Heather, but I’m happy for you! What a great opportunity! I’m glad we can stay connected on Twitter. Good luck!
Suzanne

Heather Hust Rivera on January 7th, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Thanks! We’ll definitely stay in touch on Twitter.

Brian from CA on January 7th, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Thank you for all of your great work on the blog! It was great to meet you at the W.O.C. Meet Up. Michelle had better keep the same high standards or we will demand you back!

Heather Hust Rivera on January 7th, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Melody on January 7th, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I’m pretty sure the captain EO characters will not be a choice in the poll. But it would be nice.

JEFFREY from CA on January 7th, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Man not fair I was going to Disneyland On Jan. 23rd for my birthday. I wish they would do it on the 23rd of Jan. I’ve been wanting to see Horace and Merryweather from Sleeping Beauty.

Lori from CA on January 7th, 2011 at 2:13 pm

We’ll miss you Heather. Thanks for everything you’ve done for all us fans. I look forward to your posts from the studio. My husband and I are D23 members so we’ve been VERY fortunate to be able to go the studio for events. Hope to see you around there sometime.

Lori

Heather Hust Rivera on January 7th, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I’ll miss you guys but will see you soon.

Teri on January 7th, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Congrats on the new role Heather! You and your team have put up some wonderful events & meetups for us fans!
Kudos on a job well done and good luck on the new role.

Heather Hust Rivera on January 7th, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I’m glad you liked the events, and thank you.

Roger on January 7th, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Thank you Heather, and good luck on your new role!

I really appreciate all that you have shared with us here on the blog. It was clear to me that you are someone who loved blogging about Disneyland Resort and truly appreciated the significance that Disneyland is and will always be Walt’s original Magic Kingdom ;)

I’ll be looking forward to reading Michele’s blogs.

Off to FB now to vote!

Lisa on January 7th, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I would LOVE to see the Seven Dwarfs. It would be worth the drive just for the photo op!

Jeremy on January 7th, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Aw! Heather! We will miss you and I look forward to hearing from you with your move to Burbank! It was a pleasure to meet you at the World of Color and Electronica meet-ups! Good luck and I wish you all the best!!

Heather Hust Rivera on January 7th, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Thanks for coming to the meet-ups!

Josh on January 7th, 2011 at 2:37 pm

This is such an awesome idea, and CONGRATS HEATHER!!! It was so great to meet you at the World of Color Meet Up and you guys definitely made even more magical by featuring Emma and Myself on the blog! I wish you luck and joy with your new job, and I hope you get to stop by a meet up every once and a while ;)

Fred from CA on January 7th, 2011 at 2:39 pm

They probably won’t be on the poll, but I would love to see the Bolt characters out in the park!

And congratulations Heather! :)

Heather Hust Rivera on January 7th, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Thanks, Fred.

Lynnette on January 7th, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Heather,I have really enjoyed reading your Disneyland articles on the blog and will miss them. Thank you for helping make the last half of 2010 amazing with all of the wonderful contests and meet ups. We were blessed to be part of almost all of them (missed the Toy Story) My daughter and I really enjoyed spending some time chatting with you at the World of Color meet up. Your genuine love for Disney shines through and I wish you the best of luck in your new position.

Richard from FL on January 7th, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Thanks Heather for all your help over the past few years! It was great meeting you via the Disney Dream Job contest a few years ago and I wish you continued success in your new role.

Ricky B

Kiershta from UT on January 7th, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Congrats Heather!! Good for you, sad for us. I have loved reading your articles! Thank you so much for all the work you have done. You will be missed! I wish you the best of luck in your new position!!

FYI, a lot of rare Disney characters (like the country bears and Daisy Duck) are often out and about at Walt Disney World.

Cathy on January 7th, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Seven dwarfs and Roger Rabbits

Cathy on January 7th, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Roger Rabbit and 7 dwarfs

Ronald on January 7th, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Good afternoon Heather! Congrats! Thank you for making such great informative posts for us. I’ll be keeping up with you on Twitter. Perhaps I’ll get to see you at the park again or another Meet Up. Disney is very lucky to have someone enthusiastic about their job like you! Much continued success to you, because you deserve it. Take care! :)

Ronald

Heather Hust Rivera on January 7th, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Michael from NY on January 7th, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Hope Megora is an option…love her

Adrienne on January 7th, 2011 at 3:15 pm

The 3 good fairies!

Alexander on January 7th, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Even though I live on the opposite coast and have only been to WDW, I ALWAYS love reading about Disneyland! Thanks for keeping me up to date for the past year and a half and I hope you enjoy your new role! I can’t wait to see what sort of info you post from there!

Heather Hust Rivera on January 7th, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Thanks for reading and following along from the “other” coast.

Jaime on January 7th, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I am so excited fo this!!! My family and I spend most of our time at the parks looking for new characters. You could say it’s a hobby. In fact we weren’t planning our next trip until March but when we read this we got right online and booked a flight for that weekend!(Yay for annual passed that let you go whenever!):) I would love to see Maleficent! We have seen all but Louis in the above pictures. Can’t wait to see who we meet!

And good luck Heather! I’m sure you will be as amazing at your new position as you were with the blog!

Oleg from CA on January 7th, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Heather – thanks for all the great stories, tips, and wonderful experiences we were able to be a part of at the Disneyland Resort. The meetups and the two events this year (WoC and ElecTRONica) were fantastic. Good luck and we’ll be reading your work soon!

Jamie on January 7th, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Thank you for everything you’ve done for the community, Heather! You did a really awesome job, we all appreciate it. Good luck in the new job over with the Burbank crowd! I’m looking forward to seeing the voting options — I think the country bears would be adorable. :D

Roger on January 7th, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Congratulations on your promotion Heather!! It was always great to see you at the various meet-ups! Hope to see you at a Disney event soon!!

Heather Hust Rivera on January 7th, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Thanks for coming to the meet-ups, Roger. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Irene from CA on January 7th, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I miss my Bears! So my vote is going to the Country Bears :)
Heather – I’ve never met you (don’t seem to be lucky enough to win anything) but I’ve certainly enjoyed the way you write this blog. Good luck in your new position!

Heather Hust Rivera on January 7th, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Thanks, Irene! Stay tuned to the Blog. I’m sure there will be more chances for you.

Derek on January 7th, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Where’s the Steamboat Willie option?!

Corinne on January 7th, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Maybe I just have horrible timing, but I’ve never met Peter Pan. He’s the only one I’ve ever wanted to meet :(

Eliza on January 7th, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Congratulations on the promotion :D
But I have one question – will Sora, Riku and Kairi from Kingdom hearts ever make it into the parks?
I adore Kingdom hearts, and was disappointed to find that there was no mention of it anywhere when I went last month.

Tracy from HI on January 7th, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Congrats Heather! I can’t wait to see you at Disneyland in your new role. I am glad that Disney recognizes your excellent PR skills and your amiable personality. You will be sorely missed. Malama pono (take care).

Lori from NY on January 7th, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Is there a schedule as to what events will be happening which weekend? Just curious what will be going on when I’m there in Feb :)

Christine from CA on January 7th, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Judge Frollo needs to be out more often then just October. He does in Disneyland Paris. It also would be awesome to have Clopin and Esmeralda come back as well. It would be great to have Barbossa show up at Disneyland. I heard he only is at Disney World. It would be so cool to have Darkwing Duck and Don Karnage come back too. ;)

Stephen on January 7th, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Perry the platypus, Agent P.

Skip from FL on January 7th, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Heather, #22 Richard from FL mentions
“Disney Dream Job contest a few years ago”
When might the next one be?

Fred from CA on January 7th, 2011 at 9:19 pm

I voted. :)

For future reference, I would love to see Bolt and Mittens out in the parks of the Disneyland Resort.

I loved the Bolt pre-parade in 2008, and I would really love to see those characters out in the parks. :)

Catherine on January 7th, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Best of luck at your new job Heather. Thanks for keeping us in touch with the Disneyland resort and all the information, past, present and future.

Marla on January 7th, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I wish I could meet Lilo or find more Lilo merchandise. Love her.

avrilfan1316 on January 7th, 2011 at 11:35 pm

I would love to see Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and Ortensia from the new Epic Mickey game. I think they are adorable together and I love Oswald’s personality! I think he deserved to be in the limelight again with his younger brother Mickey Mouse!

Karen on January 8th, 2011 at 5:13 am

#39 – Ohhh, I guess this means we won’t be getting any more “Good Email” from you, Heather!! :(

It was so much fun meeting you and reading your posts in the past. I hope you do well in your new job and that Michele will enjoy her new job as well.

Will there still be meet-ups, even tho you won’t be there to greet us? I sure hope so!!

Philip on January 8th, 2011 at 8:35 am

This is such an awesome idea to ask guests which rarely-seen characters they’d like to see in the parks.

Walt Disney World should do the same thing as this.

Rhonda from X on January 8th, 2011 at 9:56 am

We would love to see Phineas and Ferb!