New York World's Fair 50th Anniversary

Casting Call: ‘My Yard Goes Disney’ Season Two!

posted on January 9th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

I recently had the chance to sit down here at Disneyland park and chat with Brandon Johnson, host of HGTV’s “My Yard Goes Disney,” and he had some exciting news. Casting is now open for the show’s second season! If you would like to apply for the chance to have your backyard made over Disney Parks-style, check out this video to find out how!

Three quick tips from Brandon about making an “awesome” video entry:

1. Introduce your family.
  2. Tell us or show us what your family loves about Disney.
  3. And show us your backyard!

Good luck!

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

10 Comments 1 Reply

Anonymous on January 9th, 2012 at 5:12 pm

YAY! I love this show! Our backyard is in dire need of some makeover excitement and we love Disney! I’m going to start working on our video today!

Ariel on January 9th, 2012 at 5:46 pm

What a great way to give back to Disney loving families! And Brandon has that magic spark to pull it all together. Good luck everyone, can’t wait to see season two!!

alissa on January 9th, 2012 at 8:01 pm

You forgot to mention that this contest is for ORLANDO HOMEOWNERS ONLY

Erin Glover on January 11th, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I just confirmed with our friends at HGTV and the search is open to anyone in the Continental United States. I’m not sure why it was listed as Orlando-only, but it is not limited to just that area.

Anonymous on January 9th, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Erin, thanks for the update. I love Disney’s use of social media, but I would love it if your team updated the “What’s HapPINing” blog and Official Pin Trading website more often. Some of the items on there are so old. Please consider it. Thanks again.

Jennifer on January 9th, 2012 at 11:39 pm

“Orlando homeowners only” :( What about homeowners near Anaheim?

Brian on January 10th, 2012 at 1:03 am

Unless you live in or around Orlando, don’t bother getting your hopes up. They’re only accepting applications from Orlando homeowners.

I can understand the production reasons behind restricting it to Orlando, but you should have made that clear here rather than requiring people to go to HGTV’s site and dig three pages into the casting information. Only there does it show an “Orlando area homeowners only” disclaimer.

Kevin from FL on January 10th, 2012 at 11:45 am

Great interview Erin and Brandon! I can’t wait to see season 2!!

Margaret on January 10th, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Bummer, so I guess Daytona Beach is out of the question. :(

Krista on January 15th, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Is there a deadline for submitting a casting call?

Corinne from ON on January 15th, 2012 at 7:38 pm

I wish it was open to Disney fans from Canada too!!