The American Idol Experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios

One More Disney Day Begins at Disneyland Park

posted on February 29th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

“Guest

Guests were lining up in the wee hours of the morning (and some even into the previous night) for the chance to be among the first to enter Disneyland park for One More Disney Day. Two thousand even got their hands on special commemorative ear hats marking the occasion.

“Mickey

Mickey Mouse himself led the Disneyland Band in a rousing park-open moment, and was joined by pals Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto, Chip ‘n’ Dale, Donald and Daisy.

“Cast

Disneyland park cast members lined Main Street, U.S.A., to welcome the first guests into the park and to kick off 24 hours of magic for One More Disney Day.

“Guests

Now that we’re a few hours into the celebration, guests have already begun enjoying their day at Disneyland park – enjoying breakfast, grabbing exclusive merchandise and being among the first of the day to experience their favorite attractions.

Will we be seeing you during One More Disney Day?

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Special Events

Jacqueline on February 29th, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Yes! Yes, you will be seeing me! I have class til 6:00, but I’ll be there by 8:00p.m.!!! I can’t wait! :D

Nigel on February 29th, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Can’t make it for the One More Disney Day (I’ll be working) but I was there on Monday enjoying DL in the RAIN!! It was Awesome!!!

brett from CA on February 29th, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Please do it agian are you going to do it agian

Makenzie on February 29th, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Wow those lines! Looks like the day is off to a great start. Thanks for sharing!

Matthew on February 29th, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Wish I was going to be there, but I will be going to Disneyland for 2 or 3 days in September. I’ll just wait patiently. :)

Ashleigh from NV on February 29th, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I wish I was there today. Spending 24 hours at Disneyland sounds like so much fun to me =D

Roberto from CA on February 29th, 2012 at 7:33 pm

You HAVE TO do this again. I was planning on going today, but I got sick and have been in bed all day today. Just find another excuse to open 24 hours. PLEASE?!

Josephin from CA on March 1st, 2012 at 3:47 am

Take 45 minutes to get to Disneyland from my home… an hour for waiting in line to get to the parking structure (from Ball & Anaheim to Ball & parking structure entrance gate)… 30 minutes to find parking… finally we get to the check in bag at 8:30 P.M. Lining up to go to Disneyland, then we were inside at 8:45 P.M. Enjoying Astro Orbitor (Waiting time: 30 minutes)… Enjoying Soundsational Parade at 10:10 P.M. Then… traffic jam at the Main Street USA just to get out for 20 minutes :-)
While we were on the way out, cars were still lining up infront of the Mickey & friends parking structure & 5 South around Disneyland… It was already midnight…
I guess no one wants to miss One More Disney Day at Disneyland Park… Thanks…

Jackie on March 1st, 2012 at 7:14 am

Dear Ms. Glover,

Seeing these wonderful photos of Disneyland theme park brought back so many good memories of our most recent trip over Christmas and New Year’s. How exciting for those that were able to attend this fun event!

I wish I could have been there too :)

Regards,
Jackie

Ashley on March 2nd, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I was there! It got a little crazy late into the night, but had an awesome time! Will they ever do it again? If so I do suggest way more security.

Lynn on March 19th, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I love seeing all the new renovations and type of entertainment they have at Disney. Was one of the fortunate to attend opening day of Disneyland. Have enjoyed Disneyland and Disney World many times since then. It never lets me down, I always enjoy the new and reminisce about the times I have been there before. Keep up the good work Disney, and hope to visit again some day!!