Fireworks at Disneyland Park

All in the Details: Suits of Armor at Be Our Guest Restaurant at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on October 30th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

I have to say that of all the amazing photos we’ve run of Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland over the past six months, this first shot is probably one of my top-five favorites.
“Suits

This pic shows a hall lined with suits of armor that guests will pass on their way into the lunchtime quick-service ordering area of the restaurant. This part of the restaurant totally reminds me of the scene in the film, “Beauty and The Beast,” when Belle first enters Beast’s Castle and passes through a hallway just like this. When she steps past one particular suit of armor, it turns its head, which is our first hint that this castle just might be enchanted.

Suits of Armor at Be Our Guest Restaurant at Magic Kingdom Park  Suits of Armor at Be Our Guest Restaurant at Magic Kingdom Park  Suits of Armor at Be Our Guest Restaurant at Magic Kingdom Park

I was able to stop through New Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom Park over the weekend to see these amazingly detailed suits of armor for myself. And I have to say that when you walk down this hallway, there just might be a sign or two that indicate that Be Our Guest’s suits of armor might also be enchanted.

Read more about Be Our Guest Restaurant in the posts below:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney Dining, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Douglas on October 30th, 2012 at 8:49 am

Looks like this is going to top “Toad Hall” in Disneyland Paris as my #1 favourite Disney park restaurant! It looks like a dark ride!

Natalie on October 30th, 2012 at 9:05 am

Can’t wait to see this soon!!
“If it’s not Baroque don’t fix it!” :D

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 30th, 2012 at 11:08 am

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Michelle on October 30th, 2012 at 11:32 am

The pictures are amazing. The theming looks fantastic and beautiful. Feel so lucky to have been able to get a reservation for dinner on my birthday in March. The imagineers have outdone themselves yet again.

Lisa from WI on October 30th, 2012 at 11:42 am

So excited! Going to the World December 14-19 and were lucky enough to get a reservation at Be Our Guest! My kids are really excited too. :)

Lisa from WI on October 30th, 2012 at 11:44 am

Also, thank you Jennifer for all your posts, I have been reading all of them for the past few months to learn more about New Fantasyland.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 30th, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Thank you!

Erica on October 30th, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I cant wait to go and see this. It looks amazing! Is this restaurant reservation only?

Krista on October 30th, 2012 at 12:10 pm

We can’t wait to go. Is this character dining?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 30th, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Nope, it is not.

Hamor from PR on October 30th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I’ve been reading all about this restaurant and I got to say, I can’t wait to find the oportunity to at least quick-lunch there in the future! I wonder if the suits of armor are more than just decor.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 30th, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Amanda on October 30th, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I’m so excited as we get to go again in Dec. We went 2 yrs ago and was my 1st time as a 30yr old. I’m little disappointed as Be Our Guest is booked the whole week we will be there. We tried the very next day they started with reservations. Oh well will have to do with just taking pics and seeing what its all about!!

Dena on October 30th, 2012 at 1:07 pm

So excited to eat here on opening night! :D I cried when my husband told me he got a reservation. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite princess movie!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 30th, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Congrats! I hope you love it.

Mitchell from IL on October 30th, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Can’t wait to get to see it. Hope to get in on the Annual Passholder preview Thanksgiving week, if not then we’ll have to wait until March!

Cat on October 30th, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I can not wait to go to Disney World in March! Have to check this out! ♥ :)

Debra on October 30th, 2012 at 11:50 pm

I am SO excited!! I get to see this in just 3 days, 16 hours and 39 minutes during the new fantasyland preview, but who’s counting. :-)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 31st, 2012 at 9:25 am

Enjoy!

Joanna on October 31st, 2012 at 10:03 am

I am at WDW right now, and without getting too far into details, let me just say, the Imagineers have outdone themselves on New Fantasyland. It is truly awe-inspiring.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 2nd, 2012 at 6:12 am

That’s great to hear! I totally agree.

Kimberly on October 31st, 2012 at 11:43 am

I am unbelievably excited about the New Fantasyland!
Will you be able to dine here without a reservation?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 2nd, 2012 at 6:12 am

Reservations aren’t taken for lunch, so that’s probably your best bet.

manya on November 1st, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I am a little confused. Can only annual pass holders see the new Fantasyland? We are going for Thanksgiving week and I have an Autistic daughter who has been looking forward to our trip. Please let me know if we will not be able to see the new section. I really need to prep her,so she will not be disappointed. Also any chance of the Test track opening Thanksgiving week? One of her other favorite rides.
We love Disney and my oldest becomes almost a normal child the week we spend at the parks.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 2nd, 2012 at 6:12 am

The Preview Period for New Fantasyland begins Nov. 19, so you are in luck. Preview Period is open to all guests, it just means that the attractions/restaurants may operate in limited hours. No word on Test Track.

Crista on November 5th, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Will the hours be posted somewhere for the Preview Period? We are coming to WDW over Thanksgiving and hope to enjoy as much as we can:)

Terry on November 5th, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Am looking forward to eating there, we will be visiting for spring break, 1st week of April 2013. We already have a booking for a Dinner there.

Susan on November 6th, 2012 at 12:25 pm

We will be there Dec 15-22 and actually got a reservation for dinner! I can’t wait to see this restaurant and all of the new Fantasyland.. and the rest of WDW too!