Walt Disney

A Beautiful Day to Debut a New Bridge and Boat Dock at Downtown Disney

posted on August 19th, 2014 by Darcy Clark, Marketing Manager, Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort

Ninety degrees, clear blue skies and the sort of fluffy white clouds you see in magazine advertisements – it was a perfect morning to officially open the new Marketplace Boat Dock and Saratoga Bridge at Downtown Disney Marketplace.

Earlier today, I joined Vice President of Downtown Disney, Keith Bradford, along with cast members and guests who had gathered to celebrate the milestone- one of many that will ultimately take place as the property undergoes the largest expansion in its history, as it transforms to Disney Springs.
qaswed654321
The newly-opened bridge offers a pedestrian-friendly connection between Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and more than 70 shopping, dining and entertainment offerings available at Downtown Disney. In addition, the Marketplace Boat Dock, now conveniently located near the Marketplace Bus Loop, provides easy access to the West Side and Pleasure Island. Guests aboard the complimentary water taxi may even learn more about what’s on the horizon (literally!) as they travel from district-to-district.

One of my favorite views of Downtown Disney is from this new vantage point; with a view of the entire complex, it’s a great reminder of how much there is to see and do (which, I’ll admit, I sometimes take for granted, since I’m here every day)!
bhnjmk123456
Want to experience it for yourself? The Marketplace Boat Dock operates daily starting at 10:30 a.m., weather permitting. Take a ride, then let me know what you think in the comments below!

For more on Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort, read the posts below:

Filed: Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World Resort

8 Comments 3 Replies Add Yours

Barbara on August 20th, 2014 at 12:44 am

So happy to hear about the bridge! About where does it connect?

Darcy Clark on August 20th, 2014 at 11:10 am

Barbara, it’s located close to the Marketplace Bus Loop, not far from Disney’s Day of Christmas and Disney Design-a-Tee.

Debbie on August 20th, 2014 at 3:40 am

I haven’t received a daily email update from Disney Parks Blog since 30th June. Has the service ceased? The RSS Feed isn’t useful to me.

James on August 20th, 2014 at 6:35 am

It was not in service back in May when we were there – we ended up going down the further end of Downtown Disney to catch a boat, we really enjoy the ride, the scenery and the tranquility of these rides and oh yea, we end up at Port Orleans for oh I don’t know…a few beignetes…always ends up being about the food for us… :)We do look forward to Spring of 2015 when we return and we will be very happy to walk down the ramp and take in all the new sights!

Darcy Clark on August 20th, 2014 at 11:12 am

James, a few beignets … where was my invite?!? (But yes, I agree — I love the relaxation of a nice breezy ride across Village Lake!)

Tricia from NJ on August 20th, 2014 at 2:59 pm

So excited about this! Thanks for posting. I will be staying at Disney’s Saratoga Springs in November so this is great news!

Darcy Clark on August 20th, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Tricia, you will LOVE how close you are to everything! If you need to pop over to Marketplace Co-Op for a quick shopping trip or grab a drink at the Lava Lounge at Rainforest Cafe, it’s just a short walk away. It’s SUCH a great enhancement for guests at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa!

JoAnne on August 21st, 2014 at 9:24 am

Hi Darcy! Looking forward to using the new bridge next month! I’m with Debbie. The Disney Parks Blog also stopped coming to my inbox. I have looked all over the Disney website and cannot find where to re-signup to get the daily emails that I so looked forward to. I have sent several emails to Disney to no avail. Can you help?

Jason on August 22nd, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Please bring back Mannequins Dance Palace.

Amy from IN on September 13th, 2014 at 1:41 pm

I thought i was the only one who had stopped getting the blog, thinking what did I do wrong? could someone from Disney please help! I would love to get this news via email update rather than have to search online!

Dee on September 13th, 2014 at 8:34 pm

I really hope to get there in 2015

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.