My friends and family are always asking me for tips about the parks at Disneyland Resort, especially in the summer when guests come to town and want to play. I’ve been collecting some thoughts from parents who are wise enough to plan ahead and whimsical enough to go with the flow when little ones get weary.
I bet you have lots of tips from your visits on how to best enjoy the parks. Please share them with other readers in the comments below. This video has some cool tips from cast members and guests – and check out the list below to help you plan your visit this summer.
At the parks:
- Get a Dole Whip and then enjoy the show inside the Enchanted Tiki Room (more fun when you sing along with the birdies).
- Let the kids splash around at two fun water spots: in the queue area near Grizzly River Run and at Princess Dot Puddle Park (both at Disney California Adventure park).
- In the warm afternoons, head indoors to shop or take a cruise on “it’s a small world.”
- Two more cool, indoor spots: See “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” at Hyperion Theater and then tour the nearby Animation Academy, with fun artistic activities.
- New: Relax in the shade of the Paradise Garden Grill, a beautiful, 900-seat dining area in Disney California Adventure park. Enjoy the live “Italian-American” music.
Important basics (good reminders for out-of-town visitors):
- Head to your favorite attraction first thing in the morning and get a Disney FASTPASS ticket.
- Make reservations in advance if you want to dine at a specific, sit-down restaurant (714-781-DINE).
- Store items in a locker (less weight to lug around on a warm day).
- Check out www.Disneyland.com/offers for special ticket and hotel offers, including special offers for Southern California residents.
OK, I know you’ve got lots more. Tell us your thoughts on making the most of your visits to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks.