Bonjour from Disneyland Paris.
I’ve just crossed the wide Atlantic Ocean to bring you – the Disney Parks Blog reader – a personal report from Disneyland Paris – where everything is getting the sparkle treatment in preparation for the big celebration for the resort’s 25th Anniversary.
If you’ve never been here – this is the year to come. It’s all your favorite things about a Disney theme park – with a definitely French twist. Ratatouille: L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy at Walt Disney Studios Park is a MUST DO for any Disney theme park fan!
But I digress.
Disneyland Park is ABUZZZ with excitement where Mickey – along with a cast of nearly 15,000 – are getting the park ready for the big celebration.
Starting Sunday, March 26, the celebration begins with new entertainment, updates to some favorite attractions, special merchandise and food and beverage. Here are some of the highlights:
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue – Launched at the opening of Disneyland Park in 1992, Star Tours soon established itself as a cult ride. 25 years later, it’s back with a new experience, new destinations, a new pilot, new characters and new 3D technology. Introducing Star Tours: The Adventures Continue! Prepare for lift-off on an all-new, action-packed, 3D intergalactic voyage…it’s sure to be epic.
- Meet the Dark Side of the Force – Disneyland Paris guests will finally get the chance to meet the formidable Darth Vader every day. Head to the new dedicated area near the Star Tours: The Adventures Continue ride for a private meet and greet.
- Disney Stars on Parade – Another exciting journey awaits guests in the brand new Disney Parade. With dizzying new floats, new music, a plethora of Disney Stars and new costumes, Disney Stars on Parade will dazzle guests of all ages. Guests follow Mickey and Friends on a real journey of discovery to the land of imagination – with eight “chapters” of fun.
- Mickey presents “Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris” – A brand new stage show specially-created for the 15th Anniversary. Disney Stars invite guests to gather in front of the stage at Sleeping Beauty Castle for a huge anniversary celebration, every day of the year.
- The Starlit Princess Waltz – Another brand new show. With a sprinkle of fairy dust, Tinker Bell opens the festivities in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Aurora wants to invite the other Disney Princesses to the ball: Ariel, Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, Jasmine, Rapunzel and Tiana. Each princess makes her entrance in a magnificent ball gown, specially created for the 25th Anniversary. Their message: to remind the audience that every little girl, regardless of her age or background, is a Princess.
- Disney Illuminations – As night falls, it is time for the final spectacular new experience: Disney Illuminations. This all-new show, featuring state-of-the-art technology, incorporates sound, lights, projections, fountains and breathtaking pyrotechnic effects.
Europe’s number one tourist destination is leaving no corner un-sparkled! Mickey and Minnie even have new, “sparkling blue” 25th Anniversary costumes.
And if that weren’t enough!
- Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain – Later in Spring 2017, Star Wars will take over a legendary space-themed ride. Space Mountain will become Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain for a totally unique experience. In a brand new environment inspired by the Star Wars universe, guests can join the famous Rebel Alliance and become pilots on a sensational mission. They will travel through the Star Wars galaxy at intense speed, to the epic soundtrack of the saga.
As I said in a previous blog post, I will be updating you on things through the Blog and we’ll be sending updates through social media using the hashtag #DisneylandParis25
Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for updates on the celebration and the exciting new fun at Disneyland Paris.
look forward to coming soon for my 5th visit and I hope the changes to the package deals available still offer reasonable value
When will the anniversary run through? Will it just be until the end of the year or more like 18 months like the American parks?