It was all started by a mouse. Now 90 years later, we are in party-prep mode for the birthday of the one and only Mickey Mouse. With a milestone as big as 90 years, one party simply will not do! That’s why Mickey’s birthday celebration will span across the globe with a series of events at all Disney Parks sites around the world, including the previously announced World’s Biggest Mouse Party – a limited-time, global celebration of Mickey and Minnie – as well as ‘Mickey: The True Original Exhibition’ in New York City.
- Walt Disney World Resort in Florida will celebrate Mickey’s birthday from November 16-18 with special merchandise and food & beverage items as well as the chance for guests to celebrate at Magic Kingdom Park during the “Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!” Street Party, sing “Happy Birthday” along with the Dapper Dans on Main Street, U.S.A., and join in a special birthday dance party at Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland. Then in 2019, Walt Disney World will continue celebrating when World’s Biggest Mouse Party comes to the resort.
- Disneyland Resort in California will host a celebration cavalcade for Mickey Mouse on November 18, featuring some of his special friends and the Disneyland Band, starting at “it’s a small world” and pausing for a special moment at Sleeping Beauty Castle before continuing down Main Street, U.S.A., to Town Square. The party continues when World’s Biggest Mouse Party begins at Disneyland Resort in 2019.
- Disney Cruise Line will join the celebration when World’s Biggest Mouse Party takes to the seas in 2019.
- Shanghai Disney Resort will be the first to kick off World’s Biggest Mouse Party with a brand-new Mickey-themed float at the opening ceremony of the Shanghai Tourism Festival on September 15 to commemorate the Shanghai launch of World’s Biggest Mouse Party. At Shanghai Disneyland, a giant birthday card will be installed next to “Storytellers” statue, featuring birthday wishes from Mickey’s pals. From November 16-18, guests will enjoy themed food and merchandise offerings as well as the opportunity to sing “Happy Birthday” to Mickey just before the nighttime spectacular show each evening, all culminating with a special nighttime birthday spectacular at Enchanted Storybook Castle on November 18.
- Hong Kong Disneyland will begin its World’s Biggest Mouse Party activations on Mickey’s birthday, November 18, with commemorative park tickets, special food & beverage and merchandise, a hotel room overlay and “We Love Mickey” projection show through February 2019. And Hong Kong Disneyland guests will receive special birthday stickers, available only on November 18.
- Tokyo Disney Resort will join the celebration this fall with special decorations and merchandise.
- Disneyland Paris will celebrate the World’s Biggest Mouse Party this fall and into winter with new holiday season entertainment and special surprises.
“Mickey: The True Original Exhibition,” an interactive art exhibit, will open in New York from November 8, 2018 – February 10, 2019. This immersive, pop-up art exhibition is inspired by Mickey’s status as a ‘true original’ and his global impact on popular culture and art. From his beginning in black and white in Steamboat Willie to the technicolor world of more than 100 cartoon shorts, exhibition guests will step into an unforgettable journey of Mickey moments reimagined.
“As Walt said, ‘I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing—that it was all started by a mouse’,” said Bob Chapek, Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products. “From ‘The True Original Exhibition’ to a year-long celebration in our parks around the world, we are honoring the deep connection that families and fans have made with Mickey and Minnie Mouse for nearly a century.”
Mickey’s 90th is definitely a “mouse”-do this fall! With so many birthday parties to choose from, one question remains: which will you be a part of?
I am looking forward to the events on November 18, I share the birthdate as Mickey and I will be there this year.
Mickey deserves a nighttime parade in Magic Kingdom! 😉
Can anyone tell me the time for the Move It Shake It Street Party and the Tomorrow land Dance Party on 11/16? When I go to the Disney website, it says that there are no performances that day. I tried calling Disney, but no one knows anything about the 90th anniversary celebrations for Mickey.
Where can I find more details about the celebration in NYC ?
How far into 2019 will Mickeys birthday celebration continue, I am arriving March 4 2019
So cool! We are going the 14th through the 20th so there will be lots of stuff for us to see. We’re hoping my mom and dad can make it as we have planned a dinner for them at V&A but mom’s cancer is getting worse and she may not be able to make it.
We’re staying at DVC Grand Floridian from Nov 11-16, 2018 and taking our 1st Disney cruise on Nov 16th. Will there be 90th Birthday celebrations while we’re at Disney World or on the cruise?
This is so neat. Thank you for sharing.
Will the offerings be the same each day from the 16th to the 18th (WDW)? We would love to do MK on the 17th and Epcot the 18th before we head home but don’t want to miss out if there are special celebrations in MK on Mickey’s actual birthday.
It’s disappointing that the mouse party starts in 2019. I am coming from overseas especially to DL for Mickey’s 90th and to hear it’s only a Parade is a real let down
I grew up with Mickey Mouse, the original Mousketeers and the Disneyland/Wonderful World of Color. I look at the reaction of the 2 and 3 year olds in our family now and how excited they are just seeing anything with Mickey and how much they love him. It’s so wonderful to be able to share a character that was so dear to me and my family, our kids and now with yet another generation of kids in our family. Happy Birthday , Mickey. See ya real soon!
It truly is amazing the endurance for Mickey Mouse – I would imagine Walt would be quite pleased and thrilled at how beloved Mickey is still to this day!
90! BRAVO Mickey!! (and Walt!)
Will Disneyland have special merchandise on November 18th? It is mentioned in the article for WDW, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Tokyo but not for Disneyland. Please let us know if Disneyland will also have special merchandise available on November 18th.