At Walt Disney World, making magic and helping others is what we’re all about which is why we’re giving new donations totaling $1.5 million to 19 nonprofit organizations creating positive change in the state of Florida – our home for more than half a century!
All of the Disney Grant recipients are doing amazing work for our community – from establishing strong education and workforce development programs, to supporting the arts, combatting homelessness and hunger, and more. Here’s a little bit more about them and their missions:
- Bok Tower Gardens: Inspiring a better and more beautiful world.
- Central Florida Community Arts: Creating an artistic family that celebrates our natural abilities.
- Children’s Home Society of Florida: Building bridges to success for children.
- Christian Service Center: Preventing homelessness, combating poverty, cultivating self-sufficiency and restoring hope.
- Conductive Education Center of Orlando: Transforming the lives of children and adults with motor disabilities.
- Conservation Florida: Protecting Florida’s water, wildlife, and wild places.
- ELEVATE Orlando: Equipping local youth to thrive and contribute to their community.
- Foundation for Foster Children: Creating meaningful connections for children in foster care.
- Habitat for Humanity — Lake & Sumter Counties and Seminole County & Greater Apopka: Bringing people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
- Hope Partnership: Providing a holistic continuum of care in order to end homelessness and poverty in Central Florida.
- IDignity: Restoring dignity and hope by providing identification.
- Limbitless Solutions at the University of Central Florida: Empowering confidence and increasing accessibility in the limb difference community through art-infused bionics.
- Orlando Science Center: Inspiring science learning for life.
- Osceola Arts: Promoting, cultivating, and fostering interest and participation in the arts.
- Page 15: Empowering children of all abilities to discover their own voice.
- Steinway Society of Central Florida: Stimulating and nourishing the musical knowledge and artistic talents of disadvantaged youth.
- Volunteers for Community Impact: Ending social isolation.
- Zebra Coalition: Supporting and inspiring LGBTQ+ youth.
These are all initiatives we’re proud to support as a company. Our cast members also spend time personally volunteering with many of these organizations and others across the state through our Disney VoluntEARS program. So far this year, cast have spent more than 115,000 hours giving back to the place where we live, work and play!
This latest investment will help each organization as they continue making big differences in the lives of many Floridians and their families. It’s also another step forward in our more than 50-year history of helping Florida thrive and builds on other recent efforts in 2023 like hosting Disney World’s largest wish-granting event ever, donating $125,000 to support local school districts, creating a new affordable housing development, expanding our commitment to conservation with $500,000 in environmental grants and more. What an exciting year!
As we look to the future, we will continue to seek out meaningful ways to make significant impacts just like we always have. To read more about ongoing efforts in the state, visit DisneyFlorida.com.