At Walt Disney World, making magic and helping others is what we’re all about. So, it makes perfect sense that we’re giving Disney Donations (in the form of Disney Grants) totaling $1.5 million to 19 Florida nonprofit organizations. These organizations are all creating positive change in the state of Florida – our home for over half a century!
Each one of these Disney Grant recipients is making a meaningful difference in Florida. They’re doing amazing work for our communities. Their contributions include establishing development programs to strengthen Florida’s education and workforce. Other efforts support the arts and work to reduce homelessness and hunger and more.
Disney Grant recipients make positive change
So, what nonprofit organizations are we helping support with these Disney Donations? Read on for a little bit about our latest Disney Grant recipients and their missions:
- Bok Tower Gardens: Inspiring a better and more beautiful world.
- Central Florida Community Arts: Creating an artistic family that celebrates our natural abilities.
- Children’s Home Society of Florida: Building bridges to success for children.
- Christian Service Center: Preventing homelessness, combating poverty, cultivating self-sufficiency and restoring hope.
- Conductive Education Center of Orlando: Transforming the lives of children and adults with motor disabilities.
- Conservation Florida: Protecting Florida’s water, wildlife, and wild places.
- ELEVATE Orlando: Equipping local youth to thrive and contribute to their community.
- Foundation for Foster Children: Creating meaningful connections for children in foster care.
- Habitat for Humanity — Lake & Sumter Counties and Seminole County & Greater Apopka: Bringing people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
- Hope Partnership: Providing a holistic continuum of care in order to end homelessness and poverty in Central Florida.
- IDignity: Restoring dignity and hope by providing identification.
- Limbitless Solutions at the University of Central Florida: Empowering confidence and increasing accessibility in the limb difference community through art-infused bionics.
- Orlando Science Center: Inspiring science learning for life.
- Osceola Arts: Promoting, cultivating, and fostering interest and participation in the arts.
- Page 15: Empowering children of all abilities to discover their own voice.
- Steinway Society of Central Florida: Stimulating and nourishing the musical knowledge and artistic talents of disadvantaged youth.
- Volunteers for Community Impact: Ending social isolation.
- Zebra Coalition: Supporting and inspiring LGBTQ+ youth.
Disney Grants continue our tradition of giving back to Florida
These Disney Donations in Florida will help each Disney Grant recipient positively affect the lives of Floridians and their families. They also continue Disney’s over 50-year history of helping Florida thrive, building on other recent Disney nonprofit initiatives in 2023, including:
- Hosting Disney World’s largest wish-granting event ever
- Donating $125,000 to support local school districts
- Creating a new affordable housing development
- Expanding our commitment to conservation with $500,000 in environmental Disney Grants
Disney World cast members volunteer to help Disney Donation recipients
Beyond the dollars Disney donates, our cast members also spend time personally volunteering with many of these organizations and others across Florida through our Disney VoluntEARS program. In 2023, Disney cast members generously contributed over 200,000 hours to our Florida communities!
Looking forward to future support with Disney Donations
Disney World is proud to support each of our deserving Disney Donation recipients. As we look to the future, we will continue our beloved tradition of impacting our local communities through Disney Donations. To read more about ongoing Disney nonprofit initiatives in Florida, visit DisneyFlorida.com.