Disneyland Paris, Phantom Manor

The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure Time Lapse

posted on May 3rd, 2011 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

We love time lapse footage around here! It shows how much progress we’re making! In this time lapse you’ll see the façade of The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure in various stages of construction. You’ll notice at the beginning of the video – over to the right of the screen – the Palace of Fine Arts rotunda, originally the entrance to the former “Golden Dreams” attraction. Walt Disney Imagineers incorporated it into the new architecture. As the video progresses, you’ll see King Triton placed atop the arch, surrounded by relief carvings of six of Ariel’s six older sisters: Aquata, Andrina, Arista, Attina, Adella and Alana. The architecture is modeled after buildings found on boardwalks at the turn of the century, and was created using new digital 3D technology. Enjoy!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

stephen on May 3rd, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I love this ride and can’t wait to see it here on the East Coast!

Alisha from UT on May 3rd, 2011 at 4:56 pm

That was so neat! We’re riding it next month and I CAN’T WAIT! :)

Nicole on May 3rd, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Ahh… I cant wait.. My little princess is gonna be excited.. I have an “Arielle” (1 1/2) and a “Belle” (3yrs) i named them after the princesses!!
:D

Cheryl from MN on May 3rd, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Awww! Just the music and the look to the building makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! Little Mermaid is my FAV Disney movie and I so wish we had this at WDW!! Great work Disney – it looks absolutely magical!!

Melissa from CO on May 3rd, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Really neat. Thanks for sharing that.

Nora from AZ on May 3rd, 2011 at 7:03 pm

That video was so fun. I hope there’s a video for the Car’s ride in Disneyland as well. Thanks for the fun!

Fred from CA on May 3rd, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Awesome video, thanks for sharing.

It brings back memories, as I have been following the construction every time I visit the park.

Doug on May 3rd, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Too fun! I’ll bet if you gathered all the photos taken from the platform of the Golden Zephyr by the fan sites you could almost recreate this video!

Todd from CA on May 3rd, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Will there be a Ariel Meet and Greet anywhere near the attraction? I am sure there will be a great demand to interact with Ariel after experiencing the attraction.
I hate to think I would have to take the little ones all the way over to Disneyland and do the PFF 1-2 hour wait with no guarantee to see her.

Ken from VA on May 3rd, 2011 at 9:47 pm

oh wow that was soo cool was there in disney in oct 2010. and they have really put that ride together well. cant wait til the ride opens in june and well be traveling from the east coast to the west for this.. way to go disney job well done!!!!!

Jean from VA on May 4th, 2011 at 1:08 am

Very cool. I’m glad the rotunda was incorporated. i can’t wait until we get to Cali next year to take a ride. The reinvention of California adventure has been long overdue.

Lisa on May 4th, 2011 at 11:54 am

I can’t wait to be one of the 1st guests on this ride! I especially loved seeing that our California sky is mostly blue…right up until the cloudy gray end :)

jennifer on May 4th, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Can’t wait!!! just a few more weeks :)