Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park

We Have Your Passport to a Disney Soundsational Summer!

posted on May 24th, 2011 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

We’re just days away from the official kick-off of “Disney Soundsational Summer!” here at the Disneyland Resort – it all begins June 3. Wow! What a summer it will be! Your adventures begin under the sea at The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure at Disney California Adventure park. You’ll board a pastel-colored “clam shell” and become part of Ariel’s world in this soon-to-be classic Disney “dark ride” – part of the magical transformation of Disney California Adventure park.

Over at Disneyland park, you’ll take off to a galaxy far, far away with more than 50 different 3D adventures on Star Tours. You’ll be transported to many Star Wars destinations where you’ll come face to face with characters throughout the Saga. Buckle up!

And if that’s not enough, I’m really excited to see “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade.” This exciting parade brings a new beat to the streets of Disneyland park, as guests go on a journey of sound, with an exciting musical score, thrilling rhythms and bold percussion.

And over at the Disneyland Hotel, recent renovations and enhancements include a brand new pool and water play area, new restaurants and some amazing signature suites. But enough talk! Take a look at this video and see for yourself what’s new this summer here at the Disneyland Resort.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Robert on May 24th, 2011 at 4:34 pm

“What are you most looking forward to as we kick off Disney Soundsational Summer?”

I’m just glad I don’t have to choose any one thing over the other. We’ll be enjoying it all! A bunch of us are going to go check out the hotel this Sunday and the new rides on June 3 and 5. Looking forward to everything! And then Goofy’s Sky School and Paradise Pier on July 1! It’s going to be a fabulous summer, thanks to all you great folks at the Disneyland Resort!

Fred from CA on May 24th, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I’m really excited about Star Tours, The Little Mermaid ride, and the new parade!

Ashley from CA on May 24th, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Cannot WAIT for this years Soundsational Summer! It will be amazing!!! :D

Fred from CA on May 24th, 2011 at 5:02 pm

…Once again, I have to say that its going to be a VERY exciting summer at the Disneyland Resort! :)

Paula on May 24th, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Any idea when the special offers that say coming soon on the Soundsational webpage will be released? With only 9 days till the summer season starts it would be nice to plan!

Robert from nrw on May 24th, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I want an Imagineeringland TShirt PLEASE

Thats so cool

Chandra from WA on May 24th, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Ahhhh!!! I can’t wait to go. So excited. Only wish goofy’s sky school was open when we are there. But that’s ok…I’ll just have to come back next year. Should have stayed at the Disneyland hotel. Next time. This time going for the GC. Love all the new things. Can’t wait for my little ones to see the parade. Oh, and Robert is right, that imagineeringland shirt is way cool! I want one too!!

Jeffrey from CA on May 24th, 2011 at 8:01 pm

What do you mean there are different “options” to Star Tours? That sounds great! Please explain!

I have to say I’m looking forward to Little Mermaid the most though.

Chris on May 25th, 2011 at 7:48 am

The Soundsational Parade looks amazing…we WDW regulars are so jealous!

Brian from CA on May 25th, 2011 at 11:10 am

Just a quick reminder that Mickey’s Sound Sational Prade Starts Tomorrow, Thursday May 26.

Little Merimaid and Star Tours begains June 3
Goffy’s Sky School Starts Flights July 1
Paradise Foods Opens July 1

Crystal on May 25th, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Yes, I agree with Paula! When will the special offers be announced for summer? I would also like to start planning =)

Fred from CA on May 25th, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Jeffrey–
The new Star Tours has multiple destinations and multiple Star Wars characters. The ride is never the exact same twice. Its like a “slot-machine”, There are different variations and you never know what you will get. :)

Brenda on May 25th, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Thank you Disney Imagineers and Cast Members for always creating new experiences for us and for making our trip unforgettable. It’s a joy to visit Disneyland as it is, but to have something new and fun to experience each time is so neat. We’re planning our next trip back for this summer because we want to be a part of this!

Marc on May 25th, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I can’t wait to ride The Little Mermaid and see Soundsational! :)Summer can’t get here fast enough in my opinion!

Loree on May 26th, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Where can we get the Imagineer’s Disneyland t-shirt? Very cute and nostalgic.

Fred from CA on May 26th, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Loree–
I have a feeling that the Imagineer’s “Imagieeringland” t-shirt might not for sale. Its probably just something exclusive to Imagineers.