Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from Disney's Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World Resort

Take A Look At How We Put Up Our Christmas Tree at Disneyland Park

posted on December 2nd, 2011 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!” I can hear the classic holiday tune in my head as I watch the video below. The Christmas tree at Disneyland park is now up at Christmas Tree point. An amazing team of people made it happen and we were there with our Disney Parks Blog camera. It’s not an easy task. The artificial evergreen is 60 feet tall and decked out with more than 1,800 ornaments and glistens with 70,000 lights. Now that it’s up, we invite our guests to help “light” the tree every evening (one year, the legendary Bob Hope was invited to swing a golf club to “tee off” the lights). It’s another magical Disneyland park moment that you want to make sure to see when you visit during the holiday season.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Steven on December 2nd, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Sorry, but I still wish it was a real tree! I miss those days :(

kim on December 2nd, 2011 at 7:09 pm

I love that tree!

Laura from CA on December 2nd, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Agreed about missing the real tree! Not that this one isn’t beautiful, but it was always fun to convince people that “yes, that’s a real tree”… and it smelled so good!

David on December 2nd, 2011 at 7:54 pm

How’s it holding up in the wind?

Susan on December 2nd, 2011 at 8:16 pm

It is a beautiful tree in person, but what happened to “Merry Christmas”? Disney puts so much into all their details for every holiday and Christmas time is the best. I just wish they would get back to the true meaning. :)

Dean on December 2nd, 2011 at 8:19 pm

It’s the most amazing feeling being right up next to the tree with all the ornaments and toys in it’s branches and gazing waaaay up at the star on top. I love the Christmas tree!

Terry from CA on December 3rd, 2011 at 9:52 am

We were just the parks for three days after Thanksgiving.. I walked up & touched the tree & was SHOCKED that it was fake! As my Guests & I talked, I told them how it is NORMALLY a LIVE tree in water… Is there an explanation as to why this is a fake tree this year? I understood that the Disney Company owns their own tree farm in the N.West.. Thanks,Terry

PHILLIP E on December 3rd, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I would love to just tour the storage, background, and especially underground areas of Disneyland, just for the sake of seeing the daily workings of what it takes to make Disneyland all it is.

Colleen from TX on December 4th, 2011 at 9:56 am

I’m so sad I won’t be able to see it this year. Thanks for sharing it via the blog.

Tyler on December 4th, 2011 at 4:15 pm

@Terry: The tree has been fake since 2008. The reason for the switch was due to fire/safety hazards.

Nicole on December 4th, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Thanks for sharing! One day I hope to go to a Disney park during the Christmas season. I think the tree looks very real.

Fred from CA on December 5th, 2011 at 12:31 am

I can understand why some are disappointed that the the new is not real anymore, but using an artificial tree is better for the environment.